Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Fantastic Fan issue

I have three of the Create-a-Breeze 8100 fans in my unit and need help with an issue.
The unit in the front living area works off a single pole switch which causes the lid to open and start the fan. The switch suddenly stopped raising the lid, so I suspected the motor may have failed. I can still open and close it manually, and the fan turns on and off at the unit.
I swapped out the motor from the bathroom unit and the bathroom unit works with the suspected failed motor.
The living area unit now works, except the wall switch works in the opposite direction. “On” lowers the lid and shuts down the fan and “Off” raises the lid and turns the fan on.
I tried swapping the wires at the switch, but it did not change anything.
Any suggestions?
bjk66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjk66 View Post
I have three of the Create-a-Breeze 8100 fans in my unit and need help with an issue.
The unit in the front living area works off a single pole switch which causes the lid to open and start the fan. The switch suddenly stopped raising the lid, so I suspected the motor may have failed. I can still open and close it manually, and the fan turns on and off at the unit.
I swapped out the motor from the bathroom unit and the bathroom unit works with the suspected failed motor.
The living area unit now works, except the wall switch works in the opposite direction. “On” lowers the lid and shuts down the fan and “Off” raises the lid and turns the fan on.
I tried swapping the wires at the switch, but it did not change anything.
Any suggestions?

Turn the switch upside down. That should fix that problem.

A common problem with these fans it the lid switch getting oxidized over time. It is a simple care door dome light switch. Easy to remove and clean or replace if need be. I think this is more likely your original problem.
Old 06-23-2018, 10:11 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Rick- I moved the motors back to the original positions and cleaned the wire terminals. It is back to working as designed. I would have never guessed that a little oxidation hold cause such a problem.

Bill
vegas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas1 View Post
Thanks Rick- I moved the motors back to the original positions and cleaned the wire terminals. It is back to working as designed. I would have never guessed that a little oxidation hold cause such a problem.

Bill

Yea, One of the many RV gremlins.

I have found, over the many years on the road, that leaving the vent cracked open a bit will reduce moisture in the RV and from the vent. We are almost to short. Real stretch to give the knob a twist. lol I had the control board go bad in the shower room. Moisture! The manufacture does not spray a protection coat on these things.

Glad you solved the problem Bill. Happy trails.
Rick

Tags
fan