Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2021, 01:40 PM   #1
2004 Minnie Winnie 24F

Engine/House Radio Switch

Hi all. This my my first post on this forum. Glad to have found y'all.

My the dashboard radio on my MinnieWinnie 24F works fine when the Engine/House power switch selection is set to Engine, and the ignition is in the ON position. It does NOT work when the switch is set to House power.

I removed the DPDT switch & verified with Ohmmeter that it's doing as expected (Center poles connected to top poles in one position, and bottom poles in the other). On the connector that the switch plugs into, I see 12V on the bottom 2 poles when the ignition switch is OFF. I suspect that this is House power. I don't see any power on the top 2 poles, which I assume is Engine power.

When I switch the key to the ON position, I still don't see any power on the top 2 poles, but power goes off on the bottom 2 poles.

I've checked all the "obvious" fuses, & found no bad ones. Anyone have any ideas, or a wiring diagram that shows how engine power gets to the Engine/House switch? Thanks.
sirfallsalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 02:39 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

You can find wiring diagrams for your RV on the Winnebago website. Here is the link:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ram/Wiring.htm

I could not find a 2004 MinnieWinnie 24F but it looks like there could be a Minnie 24F.

Your description of the problem is confusing to me. You say:
"My the dashboard radio on my MinnieWinnie 24F works fine when the Engine/House power switch selection is set to Engine, and the ignition is in the ON position. It does NOT work when the switch is set to House power." but then you say "When I switch the key to the ON position, I still don't see any power on the top 2 poles, but power goes off on the bottom 2 poles." I'm not sure how it can work with key ON with no power to the switch.

Is your coach main power or "salesman's switch" turned on when you are doing these tests?
Bones2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2021, 03:07 PM   #3
2004 Minnie Winnie 24F

Thanks! After more careful search I found a burnt fuse in the house panel. So now that's working. Unfortunately I discovered that the exterior radio is not. More debugging ahead. Thanks again.
Old 11-22-2021, 10:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

when you tried this was your House battery switch (sometimes called the salesman switch) in the on position?
Old 11-23-2021, 05:58 PM   #5
2004 Minnie Winnie 24F

Thanks Tim. I figured it out. Found a fuse in the main breaker panel that was blown. Replaced it and radio is back in business.

Tags
engine, radio, switch