Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

The four lights (signifying energy applied)on my Energy Management system, Water Heater,Fan Speed,2nd Compressor and Water Heater used to light up when connected to 50 Amp service and running the Genset.
Now,all four lights are on only on when running Genset. When connected to 50 Amp service only one light is on (Refrigerator). Anybody have a clue? This just started, everything works ok, but the lights are out.
Bob O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

The four lights (signifying energy applied)on my Energy Management system, Water Heater,Fan Speed,2nd Compressor and Water Heater used to light up when connected to 50 Amp service and running the Genset.
Now,all four lights are on only on when running Genset. When connected to 50 Amp service only one light is on (Refrigerator). Anybody have a clue? This just started, everything works ok, but the lights are out.
Old 07-14-2008, 04:31 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Bob
Are you real sure it lit up on 50 amp. service. Mine never has and that is normal for the system operation.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 04:40 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Check AC main circuit breaker/reset.

Check AUX Battery switch "on"
Old 07-14-2008, 04:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

RCtime,
My lights have always lit up on 50 amp service, Quoted from my Powerline 2004 Energy mamangement booklet, it says when connected to 50 amp service)" The energy management system is disabled and the control Module sends a signal to the display Module which causes the load meter to go blank, the 50 amp service indicator to light, and all power indicators to light"
Old 07-14-2008, 04:56 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Pubtym,

Can you help me out on this, I am confused? Any clue where I find this reset?
Old 07-14-2008, 05:25 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob O:
Pubtym,

Can you help me out on this, I am confused? Any clue where I find this reset? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Gaffney Freightliner might have turned them off for elect safety...and forgot to reset both.

I am not directly familiar with your coach..general help...

Aux Battery Switch is usually by the main entrance door..usually three rocker switches in a line..Aux Batt, Compartment lights..awning.
Aux Batt sometimes gets knocked to "off" on rocker switch..just press it to "on"

Main AC CB is usually on AC main CB box on/behind interior door panel. In your coach..it (AC Main) should be the only one marked "50 amp".
Reset it.
Old 07-14-2008, 05:43 AM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Interesting Bob. I questioned a service rep. on just this same thing when I 1st got mine. Just the 50 amp. service slight lit. Nothing else, he told me that was normal for 50 amp.
Now I will closly follow this thread. Maybe you and I are in the same boat here.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

Bob - the AC breakers are at the foot of the bed. The main 50 amp breaker is ganged, so both should be on or both tripped off. It would be good to cycle the breaker off and then back on simply because that is easy to do.

I'm wondering if you don't have a problem with one side of the line in the transfer switch. If you are comfortable working around live electricity, you can take the cover off the transfer switch and meter the relay terminals.

You could also try whacking the transfer switch box with a rubber mallet (no, seriously.)

The other thing that comes to mind is your EMS might have a problem - hard to say without troubleshooting.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:02 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for the replies. We are currently in the waiting room at Gaffney Freightliner for other issues not related to our June 26th visit,and I will check it when we get it back this afternoon. Thanks, to one and all,you folks are a great source of imformation. I will keep you posted as to the results.
Old 07-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #11
Winnie-Wise

My added recommendation: If you are not a highly trained electrician..and thoroughly knowledgable with functions and engineered wiring of that RV transfer switch box...do not even look cross-eyed at it....or beat on it with a rubber mallet. It is very dangerous
to the "Sunday afternoon RV electrician". Let your experiencned Winne RV Electrical Tech troubleshoot it..

If the Aux Switch and Main A/C CBs reset don't fix the problem..let the certified RV electrical tech work it further.

Amen
Old 07-14-2008, 02:51 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Problem solved! I did like a few of you suggested, I shut the caoach down electricaly and unplugged the power. I then reset all of the breakers. I plugged back in, turned the electric back on, and all lights are back on as they are supposed to be. Thanks for all of your suggestions
Old 07-14-2008, 02:55 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bob O:
Problem solved! I did like a few of you suggested, I shut the caoach down electricaly and unplugged the power. I then reset all of the breakers. I plugged back in, turned the electric back on, and all lights are back on as they are supposed to be. Thanks for all of your suggestions </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Outstanding..great news..sometimes it's the simple things that fix it first..I learn every time..after I checked for the most complicated malfunction.