Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-16-2014, 07:21 PM   #41
Winnebago Owner

I have talked with Innomax and a new pump is on the way. Easy as pie. And the best part is, it's under warranty.

The park where I was hooked up when all this "manifested itself" had to rewire their box also. Including a new breaker.
KoolBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 09:56 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBell View Post
I have talked with Innomax and a new pump is on the way. Easy as pie. And the best part is, it's under warranty.

The park where I was hooked up when all this "manifested itself" had to rewire their box also. Including a new breaker.
Glad to see your getting manufacturer help with some of the damages. After reading the entire thread and viewing your pics, I sincerely sympathize with your misfortune. If I had to take a blind guess, I would be leaning towards loose connections or even a possible short in the surge guard / transfer switch. In any event, I can tell you that electrical connections can become loose over a period of time and should be checked periodically. Even knowing that, I'm as guilty as anyone of not checking primary (main) electrical connections. Fact is, you've inspired me to open my transfer switch (36M) and check the lugs.

Best wishes with the remaining fixes.

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #43
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
Glad to see your getting manufacturer help with some of the damages. After reading the entire thread and viewing your pics, I sincerely sympathize with your misfortune. If I had to take a blind guess, I would be leaning towards loose connections or even a possible short in the surge guard / transfer switch. In any event, I can tell you that electrical connections can become loose over a period of time and should be checked periodically. Even knowing that, I'm as guilty as anyone of not checking primary (main) electrical connections. Fact is, you've inspired me to open my transfer switch (36M) and check the lugs.

Best wishes with the remaining fixes.

cheers,
Joopy
X2. I, too, need to do a good connection check. Even the factory misses tightening a connection from time to time. The neutral is the biggest concern. When this fails big trouble follows. I think I have a project for this weekend.

Rick
Old 04-22-2014, 09:11 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

**update**

Received the new pump from Ideal Rest. In the process of acclimating the unit before installation. The new pump also came with brand new controllers.

The Microwave has been reinstalled, and checked. Everything is working fine $274.00 dollars later. This unit was a bugger to figure out removal, but thanks to all of you that passed on your knowledge, the task is done.
Old 04-23-2014, 06:35 AM   #45
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoolBell View Post
Received the new pump from Ideal Rest. In the process of acclimating the unit before installation. The new pump also came with brand new controllers.

The Microwave has been reinstalled, and checked. Everything is working fine $274.00 dollars later. This unit was a bugger to figure out removal, but thanks to all of you that passed on your knowledge, the task is done.
This is great news! Is that the end of the recovery list? Are you able the hit the road again?
Old 04-23-2014, 06:39 AM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerichorick View Post
This is great news! Is that the end of the recovery list? Are you able the hit the road again?
So far it seems that I have isolated and repaired all of the electrical issues with my coach.

Now looking forward to getting her washed and on the road again
Old 04-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #47
Winnebago Owner

Glad you were able to get er done!
Bad feeling to have to do it but good feeling to know that you could do it.

Congrats,

David
Yoda2405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 06:47 AM   #48
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda2405 View Post
Glad you were able to get er done!
Bad feeling to have to do it but good feeling to know that you could do it.

Congrats,

David
Thanks!
I want to thank each and every one of you for your help in this repair. You can't imagine the relief it was to have the response that you have shown. I honestly can not thank you enough.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #49
Winnie-Wise

I have a question...if you already had a surge guard and you said whatever happened fried it, aren't surge guards supposed to protect your appliances and electronics? I think the first people that I would contact would be the manufacturers of your surge guard and see if they will cover the damages.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:07 PM   #50
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
I have a question...if you already had a surge guard and you said whatever happened fried it, aren't surge guards supposed to protect your appliances and electronics? I think the first people that I would contact would be the manufacturers of your surge guard and see if they will cover the damages.
Contacted the Mfg. Warranty had run out. Most of the systems were saved by the surge guard. 4 TV's 3 BluRay/DVD players Refrigerator, Dryer, Heat pumps/AC units None of the control board displays were bothered. It could have been much worse.

I was happy I could do most of the work, with the help of the fine folks who have commented on this post.

Tags
electrical