Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

This morning I plugged the power cord in and, after the delay, the surge guard clicked and the power was on in the coach. Later, I unplugged the power and discovered all the 12V in the coach is off. The battery voltage is good,12v chassis disconnect checked, no popped 12v breakers, converter fuses look okay. It seems I must have popped a fuse or breaker, but don't know where else to look. any ideas? 2003 Suncruiser, 33V Workhorse Thanks.
Slowgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 09:31 AM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

This morning I plugged the power cord in and, after the delay, the surge guard clicked and the power was on in the coach. Later, I unplugged the power and discovered all the 12V in the coach is off. The battery voltage is good,12v chassis disconnect checked, no popped 12v breakers, converter fuses look okay. It seems I must have popped a fuse or breaker, but don't know where else to look. any ideas? 2003 Suncruiser, 33V Workhorse Thanks.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:06 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Even though you plug into 120vac, the coach does not get 12vdc and your batteries will not charge until you turn the coach power switch on (at your entry steps). If that switch is on and you still do not have 12vdc, look at the 12v resettable circuit breakers, both under your top step and above the 120vac breaker box.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

The house battery disconnect solenoid sometimes fails. Also, there is a fuse in the control circuit for that solenoid - the fuse is mounted right on the solenoid and it's an automotive spade type fuse. Sounds like your batteries are not connecting to the coach so it seems likely to be the solenoid, the control circuit fuse, or the switch inside the RV. Can you hear the solenoid click when you switch it on or off?
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Update- Tried the chassis disconnect again and this time the 12v came back on. So, guess i'm ok. So, thanks anyway.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:34 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Glad to hear you got an inexpensive solution to your problem... And, welcome to the forum. Lots of good, knowledgeable folks here.
tomsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the advice Tom & Troth. The solenoid sounds like it could be the culprit, Tom. If it happens again I will dig into the chassis disconnect. Thanks again for the response.
Dennis