Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-21-2017, 12:56 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Question DVD Player Install Question

Howdy,

We’d like to install a DVD player in the 2018 Sunstar. The in-dash unit did not come with one.

Was wondering what make/model DVD player others may have chosen for this space.

It looks to be a single din space (maybe). There’s an HDMI cable inside along with 12vdc and 120vac power, didn’t see any speaker taps. I doubt we’ll ever get satellite, not for now at least, but it is prewired for that too.

Thanks in advance,
BT
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1480.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	180.9 KB
ID:	169141   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1481.jpg
Views:	207
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	169142  

Old 11-22-2017, 09:36 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

It is likely not wired for anything extra in that compartment. I think those same units are used in other motor homes as well. My ‘17 Vista has an hdmi port near the TV, in the upper left cubby hole. That is already wired to the TV and has a power plug as well. My Sony Blu-ray player sits there and let’s us enjoy movies.
BirchyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2017, 11:22 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Looks like I’ll get a small front load Blu-ray player and strap it inside the component cabinet enclosure.

Curiosity got the best of me since all three TVs have a coax cable, and two HDMI cables plugged into them.

I found all the HDMI splitters in the wall in the bedroom (thanks to the electrical CAD drawings on the Winnie web site). There’s two HDMI cables inside the component cabinet, one for a DVD player, one for a satellite receiver. They made it easy to connect additional sources, and all three TVs have access to them. I can get a pretty good compact Samsung Blu-ray with WiFi at Wally World for around 80 bucks. Problem solved, Happy Camping!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1483.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	291.8 KB
ID:	169143   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1484.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	219.4 KB
ID:	169144  

Name:	IMG_1485.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	169145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1487.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	202.9 KB
ID:	169146  

Old 01-24-2018, 11:44 AM   #4
Winnebago Camper

How did the dvd installation go? We have a 2018 35F, with the same setup in the cabinet above the door. I'm having trouble with the power cord interfering with the cabinet door when I close it. I also want to connect to the "switch", which doesn't appear in your pics, but not sure how to remove the cabinet door/shelf.

Any advice would be most welcome! (hope your current adventure is going well. we are so jealous, and can't wait to get started!)
patoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 05:17 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Install went well. I don’t have a selector switch. The HDMI cables in the overhead cabinet go to a bank of splitters then to each TV. I can select the DVD player from input select on each TV. The wiring diagrams on the Winnie web site helped a lot.

We’re in Lake Havasu City right now. Then to Palm Springs next week. So far having a great time. Only dark cloud was when a truck launched a rock at us in Texas and cracked the windshield. We’re scheduled to have it replaced in Quartzite on the 2nd. Oh well....
Old 03-27-2018, 11:28 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I have just installed an LG DVD BlueRay player (with HDMI ploug on back) fits the hole perfectly and used Command sticky tabs to hold it down in the cabinet (difficult to place just right so sticks out of metal opoening a bit.. However I then found my TV1 HDMI cord plug was crushed by the hinge in the cabinet and am now totally frustrated tryiing to find a away to rerun that TV1 cord . It goes direct to the TV and carries the pix and the audio. The LG plugs into the 120v outlet in the cabinet and you canuse one of the IR dots to bring the IR from the handheld unit to the LG player for commands. The TV2 is useless because it is run out to where satelit would be.
This all presumes you do not have the three wire yelo/red/wht cable already in the cabinet that is actually run thru the switching box. Would need different version player for that but is available thru Walmart. George
GHPOULSEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2018, 11:31 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Any idea how the TV1 HDMI cables are routed from the cabinet to the rest of the RV? Like back across roof foam oor down door and along underneath the chassis? I am loking at wireless HDMI as an alternate to my damaged HDMI cable ends from cabinet hinge.
George
GHPOULSEN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install