Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-30-2015, 06:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Driver door power window not working

We have a 2003 Winnebago Adventurer. The power window and mirrors on the driver side door are not working. We tried to find the fuse for it, but couldn't find it. Looked in the fuse box under dash board. Can anyone help us?
Brad p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Check the other fuse box. Access from outside the MH on the drivers side. Upper right hand corner. (It's the cover you open to check your oil)

Or check the diagram here: Wiring Diagrams

If you need help with the wiring diagram, post your model number and I'll try to help.

Good luck and welcome to the forum
DonavonP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 09:44 AM   #3
KJD
Winnebago Camper

Brad:
I had that happen on my Suncrusier last year. On mine it was where the wires go thru the door and into the coach behind the side kick panel. There is a connection there that worked itself loose and was not making contact. Take a flashlight and have a look see there to see if that will solve your problem.............KJD
KJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you

We checked all the fuses, under the dash and by the engine, they were all good. We also checked the wiring by the door. Still does not work. Could it be the motor in the door. Would that run both the window and the mirrors?
Thanks for helping
Brad p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 05:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

when ours stoped working it was a bad ground
kustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2015, 07:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

There's two circuits that are actually involved. Winnebago uses a Ford supplied ignition signal to power a relay that turns power on for the mirrors and windows. Does the compass on the dash work? It gets power from the same source that triggers the relay. If it does, it could still be a circuit breaker under the steps by the battery.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

My 02 adventure does the same thing, haven't been able to solve the problem yet.

It's working at the moment but it could quit tomorrow. I have raised the dash cover and let it down hard and sometimes that works.

I believe like one poster said, it is in the wiring to the door. When my window quits, the mirror and heater also quits.

If you find the solution please let me know. If I knew how to trace the wiring from the door to it's supply, that might help. But when I look at the wiring diagram I'm lost

Ron
Ron & Dee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door, driver, power, window