Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dish DVR install

I want to install a Dish 625 DVR in my 2004, 33V Adventurer. I will use a "stand alone" 500 dish. Can someone run me thru wiring this unit into my system? The reciever will be in the overhead compartment, drivers side, and will use the factory " entertainment center, overhead, pass. side... Thanks...rgr...
rgrstndgby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:03 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

With a stand alone dish...look in your electric compartment. You should have an input for incoming Sat Dish. in addition to cable input. Then in your overhead compartment look for an input for sat to attach a short cable to the back of the Dish receiver, and another short cable back to the same place to input the reciever to your TV. Then the multi switch should be set to TV/Sat and your good to go.
Stevegd007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I have 2004 adventurer I use a standalone dish with a 622 dual tv receiver. I run have to run 2 cables from outside because of the type of switch in my dish to the two inputs on the back of receiver. tv1 out goes satelite on distribution box there is a connection in compartment above driver seat. TV 2 output goes to aux switch in distribution box above passenger seat compartment. Had to run cable from receiver to back of box not to hard drill one hole in driver side compartment feed cable behind tv.
shovelhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

See my post here
Wayne M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 06:13 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Steve, Shovel and Wayne.. Thanks for your imput, and please accept my appology for not responding sooner... The arrival of a New Grandbaby got my attention and kept it for a week.... Ive got to get back to buying a reciever, and get wired.... Thanks again...rgr...
Old 01-31-2012, 10:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

This one is easy.. You will need. A common 2-way splitter/combiner, and some coax "jumpers"

Run a pair of RG-6 (coax) leads from the DVR to a connection point (Bulhead or basement) where you hook up your DISH-500.. There is no need to keep them "Straight" (That is lable them "input 1/Input 2" as both inputs work the same way and if you swap the cables between the dish and receiver CHECK DISK will figure it out. Dish has GREAT software.

The 625 has two outputs, One VHF one UHF

Using short jumpers (say 1') either RG59 or RG-6, connect to the A and B ports of a spliter/combiner. The common port goes back to your video switch SAT input.

There is a 3rd antenna jack UHF-REMOTE.

Depending on how well the Radio Remote (Remote 2) works in your rig with the short UHF antenna in the box, You may wish to run a lead to a point closer to the bedroom for the #2 remote.

To watch TV

Front set is chan 3/4

Rear is set to a UHF channel (you pick the channel in one of te Menu pages on the 625)

Would be better if I could swap that around, but alas, I could not.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

[QUOTE=wa8yxm;1071071]This one is easy.. You will need. A common 2-way splitter/combiner, and some coax "jumpers"

Run a pair of RG-6 (coax) leads from the DVR to a connection point (Bulhead or basement) where you hook up your DISH-500.. There is no need to keep them "Straight" (That is lable them "input 1/Input 2" as both inputs work the same way and if you swap the cables between the dish and receiver CHECK DISK will figure it out. Dish has GREAT software.

The 625 has two outputs, One VHF one UHF

Using short jumpers (say 1') either RG59 or RG-6, connect to the A and B ports of a spliter/combiner. The common port goes back to your video switch SAT input.
.................................................. ..............................

There is a 3rd antenna jack UHF-REMOTE.

Depending on how well the Radio Remote (Remote 2) works in your rig with the short UHF antenna in the box, You may wish to run a lead to a point closer to the bedroom for the #2 remote.

To watch TV

Front set is chan 3/4

Rear is set to a UHF channel (you pick the channel in one of te Menu pages on the 625)

Would be better if I could swap that around, but alas, I could not.[/QUOTE
.................................................. ...............................................]

Thanks Wally, I have used a single reciever in this MH for several years, just want to switch to a Dual reciever/ DVR, and I think you have me on the right track...Thanks again...rgr...
Old 02-01-2012, 08:57 PM   #8

I posted On another thread;; You can use the 625 DVD receiver 500 dish With the PRO PLUS eye; Then you will only need ONE input wire; It works as it should..
bachler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bachler View Post
I posted On another thread;; You can use the 625 DVD receiver 500 dish With the PRO PLUS eye; Then you will only need ONE input wire; It works as it should..

Ive been using that dish with a 311 reciever for a few years.. Just switching to a dual dvr...rgr...

Tags
dish, install