Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-05-2020, 12:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Disconnected Speaker Wires

Pulling out what's left of my hair trying to get the audio system straightened out on my 2003 Itasca Sunflyer. Had what I thought was the typical Magnadyne 1.5 DIN problems most people experience. Took the head-end unit out and had it tested. No issues. Plugged it back in. No sound. Pulled off the dash and found several wires which had been disconnected and don't know why it had been done. They don't seem to match easily and was wondering is someone can tell me what they are for. Have attached pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 1.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	358.2 KB
ID:	173026   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 2.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	395.9 KB
ID:	173027  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 3.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	399.4 KB
ID:	173028   Click image for larger version

Name:	Photo 4.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	360.6 KB
ID:	173029  

iezzif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:02 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Have made good progress finding out where all the wires go to with the help of Winnebago customer service. Found out that all the yellow and white wires are marked by code as to what it is and where it goes in the factory harness. The rest of the electricals belong to Workhorse who should be able to help me with the disconnected plugs.
Old 04-16-2020, 08:08 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

FYI - Just found out from the techs at Brazel's RV Performance www.brazelsrv.com, who are closely tied to Workhorse, that the factory commonly uses one universal wiring harness for the model being built, and depending upon the features offered, will have an excess of terminals that are not required to be connected.

Brazel's is a great source for information!