Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #1

Started this discussion yesterday and somehow overnite it was deleted? Anyhow, my question is if I get the DNS, (ABC, NBC etc.) , will I be able to recieve them in HD? Also any pointers on filling out the application properly so I dont have to have two accounts would be welcome. Thanks Bill
littlebaler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #2

Started this discussion yesterday and somehow overnite it was deleted? Anyhow, my question is if I get the DNS, (ABC, NBC etc.) , will I be able to recieve them in HD? Also any pointers on filling out the application properly so I dont have to have two accounts would be welcome. Thanks Bill
littlebaler1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Yes but it costs extra. For the price I dropped the HiDef network feeds and kept the reg. feeds because not many network shows seem to be in high def.
MaverickBBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 04:03 PM   #4

Yes and No is the correct answer. You can get the SD DNS Networks from BOTH NY and LA. You can also get the HD DNS Networks from EITHER NY or LA. This is based upon your service address. If you are a West Coaster you get West HD programing.
There's nothing special about filing out the DNS waiver except that you can fax it to 208-363-6444 along with your vehicle registration and you will get the service much faster than if you mail it in.
Bill Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I have found that this web site has a lot of info on the equipt. needed. Also it details the bands,signals and sats. needed for hd ect. each type of equipt. recieves and supports. www.SolidSignal.com

06 Itasca 40' Horizon KD
Party Barge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 02:02 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">not many network shows seem to be in high def. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do you say this? Almost all prime time network shows are in hi-def.
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 04:20 AM   #7
I helped | retired moderator

I agree that most prime time shows are in HD, but I find many other times, the shows are recorded in SD and broadcast in HD.

I have found a SD show broadcast in HD looks better than it does in a SD broadcast.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:31 AM   #8
adj
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Route 66:
I agree that most prime time shows are in HD, but I find many other times, the shows are recorded in SD and broadcast in HD.

I have found a SD show broadcast in HD looks better than it does in a SD broadcast. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm late into this discussion, but, I have to ask. Does a program recorded in SD, and broadcasted in HD, show-up as HD or enhanced SD?

04 Lapalma 33'
adj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 11:32 AM   #9
I helped | retired moderator

You will receive it as HD as that's the way it's broadcast, regardless of how it was recorded.

Obviously, it will not look as good as a program both recorded and broadcast in HD.

Not sure what you mean by enhanced SD?

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 05:03 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Enhanced SD, aka EDTV or Progressive Scan, is an interim step in which standard def video is de-interlaced, filtered and displayed all at once rather than half on each scan of the display. It is noticeably better than SDTV in display quality. EDTV also supports the 16x9 format screen.

Here's a more complete explanation:
EDTV vs HDTV
Summers in Black Mountain, NC
Gary RVRoamer is offline   Reply With Quote