Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-19-2023, 01:32 PM   #1
Lauri & Joe

Cool Dimmable puck lights for 2108ds FLX

So. with the west coast having actual winter this year we've been eating inside the trailer more than outside. 50 mile an hour gusts do not make for pleasant outdoor table dining. We quickly noted that the brightness of the dinette puck light gave our meals a decidedly Operating Room vibe.

A quick search for dimmable puck lights (that are not wall switch connected) uncovered inexpensive replacements. I bought these off Amazon https://amzn.to/3lnUHhJ although you can find others from $9-25 each. They were easy to install, but be sure to have wire nuts on hand as the original installed lights don't use them. The change out took maybe 10 minutes and the ability to adjust the light level is really nice. So nice that I bought 2 more and will be replacing the two over the bed, also.

And while we're talking lighting, who decided to bury the entry light switch in the middle of the series of light switches near the entry? If I'm coming in to the trailer after dark, figuring out which switch turns on the entry light is a massive PAIN. I'm gonna put a tap light near the door on the lower cabinet just to avoid fumbling around in the dark!
ZottHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2023, 04:56 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I got a set of 4 of those. Nicer lighting and dim ability is nice. Except in the bathroom. Too dim to see blemishes.

Tags
light, lights