Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2009, 12:25 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Digital Conversion Audio

I recently converted the old tv in my 2000 winnie adventurer to a new digital Westinghouse. In the back of the old tv there was a audio wire that i assume was for the speakers on each side of the living room area of the motorhome. When I hooked up the new tv I found an audio out connection but the sound is not coming through to the speakers in the living room. Does anyone have any idea they could share about how i can fix this?
bobbyc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:44 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

First, remember that the old output was analog and was specific to the amp module input located near the TV. So, is the module working and is the volume trimmer on it set to max? Second, your manual for the new TV should tell you how to control this, I assume, secondary output. On a lot of new units, you need to get into the menu and kill the sound from the unit before any output would be sent to the secondary.
nsdienes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 02:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

BobbyC42, this has been a hot topic among those changing to LCD tvs. If you do a search you will find different solutions. I am in the process of completing the change to a new tv.

First check to see if the new tv has variable audio out. If so set it on that and hopefully you will be good to go. Neither my old tv or the new one had that. I finally called Riverpark who does the "surround sound" for Winnie and got my answers from them. Their number is 800-442-7717. I spoke with Mike O'Connell.

There are a lot of techie guys here who know a whole lot more about this than a little ol' lady, so I'm sure others be able to offer advice. Problem is our OEM tvs are different and we are all putting in different LCDs.

Mike was a big help to me and while I don't have the fix yet, I believe it will solve my problem and have the speakers work the way they did.
Numbers 6:24-26
Olive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 04:43 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

The problem with the LCD fixed audio output is slightly different than what you appear to be having, in that you cannot control the volume out to the external speakers so it's always LOUD. Changing the volume on the remote doesn't do any good. Lots of discussions on this.

If you are not getting any sound, then as a first step I'd check your TV Setup menus in the Audio section. Many TVs default to just the internal speakers and you have to change a setting to have them put signal out the audio ports for external speakers.
emiddleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 11:15 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

Post, or PM me the model number of your NEW TV and I can perhaps assist you

There are 3 or more types of audio out and unless I know what you have, all I can do is ask the above question "Make and model" cause I'm gonna need to download the owner's manual
Old 06-04-2009, 11:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The tv is a Westinghouse model SK-26H730S. Thanks for your help.
bobbyc42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:44 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

There are two ongoing threads about this:

HERE

and HERE

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote