Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-11-2019, 10:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry DHS Help Please

I have recently purchased a Voyager 38R with a butchered DHS surround sound sound entertainment system, this motorhome had the top of the line entertainment system and now it's been destroyed.

The head unit was replaced with a Kenwood car stereo that doesn't even fade front to rear. The previous owners added a new satellite dish and replaced the front TV with a flat panel that was installed by a blind person missing 4 fingers. The new TV is not connected to the sound system, the rear TV doesn't get a picture nothing really works. .

Can anyone provide me with a schematic of the entertainment system wiring.

Please help if you can.
Ksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 10:27 PM   #2
Site Team

What year is your Voyager?
Old 10-11-2019, 11:15 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I think that blind guy with 4 fingers worked on mine also, The flat screen is not hooked up to surround sound, all speakers work off original radio and I can hear the subwoofer.
Cataska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 02:57 AM   #4
Just Trying to Help

Ksean-

First off, welcome to winnieowners!

Second, you should add a signature to your user profile. It usually includes the year, make and model of your coach, but can include other information. A signature is appended to each post. To create/edit a signature, click on the "User CP" link in the orange bar at the top, then click on "Edit Signature."

Winnebago has a lot of information online. A place to start is:

Winnebago Product Information

From there you can download wiring diagrams for your coach (link here).
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 05:25 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for the suggestions, I downloaded every document I possibly could from the Winnebago site. Unfortunately ALL coach wiring whether 12 volt hot or ground or entertainment is the exact same yellow wire which makes it really difficult to trace the wire.

When the stereo is off but connected to the coach battery via the dash switch, a faint pulse sound comes from all the speakers it is really annoying!!

BTW Mark, I added signature to my user profile as per your recommendation, I hope I did it correctly.
Ksean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 08:23 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Being new here myself I am not sure the proper way to reply but here goes....

If you get to the point you need to trace each speaker pair, here is an old sound guy trick. You only need a 1.5volt battery. Anything will work. aa.aaa, c, anything.

You MUSt be at the radio side of the wiring. Simply touch a pair of wires to the battery and listen for the scratch sound. Do not hold the wires on the battery just touch it a few times. the speaker will sound off loud and clear.

If you are unsure what wires form a pair you can can start with one wire, holding to the battery and then touch each other wire in turn until you hear something. The 1.5 volts will not hurt anything since speaker voltage can be as high as a 100 volts in some systems.

Lastly: once you get the pairs figured out if you do not know which one is + or - you can also use the battery if yo can take the cover off the speaker so you can see the cone. When you touch the pair and make the sound if the cone come outward then the wire on the + side of the battery is + if the cone going in then you have the wire back words.

Tracing out a speaker harness is a pain but not too bad with a battery and same time.
Just be sure to label as you go .....

Good Luck

Stay Safe ....

Cburg
Cburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 05:37 AM   #7
Just Trying to Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksean View Post
When the stereo is off but connected to the coach battery via the dash switch, a faint pulse sound comes from all the speakers it is really annoying!!
Check your owner's manual and the position of the AUX BATT switch. One Winnie model's manual said the AUX BATT switch had to be on in order for sound to come out the speakers, when the radio switch is set to power from the house batteries. I take that to mean the radio switch is wired around the AUX BATT switch (that is, constant 12V power), while the radio and its speakers are powered through the AUX BATT switch.

And, I believe that Winnebago marked the wires with their circuit IDs every foot or so. That helps figure out which wire is which.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 02:35 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksean View Post

Please tell me you figured this out! My stereo just started making that popping sound, but definitely isn't faint. I can't find anywhere online that helps.
Itasca2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:04 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

The yellow wires should have numbers on them that tie into the schematics. There are also DC circuit tracers that might help:

https://www.amazon.com/Tracer-Circui...NsaWNrPXRydWU=
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 10:27 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

What is being hinted at but not fully explained is that all those wires are supposed to have a code stamped along the wire every few feet and using that code and the "magic decoder" list gives you a hint of the "from" and "to" of that wire.
Magic list:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Example of stamping here:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire id.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	178569  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote