Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Thanks for the heads-up on the GM vehicles auto on headlights. I've had an '06 Chev Colorado PU for about 3 years and don't drive much after dark but I always assumed all lights came on after dark with the "auto" setting. It does have the situation where I can turn the light switch from "auto" to "off" and back to "auto" again and the running lights will stay off, until dark that is.

Sure wish the motor home had something like that. From what I'm reading when any of the running/headlights burn out it's really a PITA to change any of the bulbs. I recently found out it's a very simple change on my Jeep Wrangler to keep the fog lights on with lo or hi beams either one instead of them going off anytime the hi beam is used. Surely there must be a simple way to by-pass the driving lights as it was an easy procedure to add a buzzer to the turn signals on the Freightliner chassis.

Wagonmaster2
wagonmaster2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:15 PM   #22
TW
Winnebago Camper

With DLRL no taillights

and there is the PROBLEM. Too many people come out of a lighted area and don't turn the light switch to ON? Big problem in the country or snowstorm? Please turn the switch to ON, when it is dark or earlier.
I liked the old law about DAY / NIGHT. 30 minutes before sunset and 30 minutes after sunrise LIGHTS ON.

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 09:56 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

I have long ago gotten into the habit of:

A: Release the Parking Brake
B: Put transmission in Drive
C: Push Headlight switch to ON.

I have DRLs - and I have a large Class A.....

I just want to be SEEN in the sun, in the shade, in the rain...... Whenever!

FJF
Ding-a-ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 09:02 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

DRL Module

I bought the Journey 36G but it had no running lights which I require to import to Canada. After talking to Freightliner who provided excellent information I was told it was an option so the unit is capable of Day time running lights but if it wasn't ordered with them the module was not installed.
The direction to find the module was to find the wire harness under the dash near the firewall marked DRL Module. The connector has 10 pins, two rows of five but only 5 wires into it, 4 light green and one black.
Under the dash is fully stuffed with wiring looms so its not apparent where it's located. After 8 hours of poking around under the dash. Mine was located by looking down from the top of the dash after removing the dash cover. It was located to the left of the steering column near the fire wall and reachable from the top if you have a long arm. Clearly marked with the DRL Module Tag.
Ordered module SPW 1325F to connect to harness.
Success is with in reach.
colemole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #25
Winnebago Master

Let me ask you a simple question.. What is it built on (the chassis)

Workhorse, DRL's are standard, as they should be on all, but alas are not. Other makes: I can not comment as I drive a Workhorse.

Many years ago GM (Workhorse is based on GM thinking) felt that adding DRL's to all vehicles would prevent accidents.. They felt a customer alive and uninjured, might just come back and buy again, and again.. Ford, on the other hand was not so concerned with customer safety... I do not know if today.. they have changed that.
Old 03-18-2011, 10:15 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

freightliner chassis.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:02 AM   #27
Winnebago Camper

I imported a motorhome to Canada last year. It did not have daytime running lights. You can buy a relay wiring kit at Canadian Tire, I think it was around $30. It does not have to be installed on the headlights, if you have driving/fog lights it can be wired into those, though I did put mine on the headlights, it's a pretty easy install. You do not have to take it to Canadian tire for the inspection there are truck facilities that are designated inspection sites. Check the registrar of imported vehicles website for all the details and lists of inspection facilities.
srydve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:06 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

Smile DRL Module

Recieved the module and attached it to the connector marked DRL Module. Worked as I was told it would on test. Then mounted the module to the metal part of the dash under the plastic dash cover. All is well. Must complement Freightliner for excellent information and pleasant service on the help line. They are hiring the right people and providing appropriate training for the job these folks do.