Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Daytime running lights

Does anyone know the location of the relay for the daylight running lights on a 2002 adventurer 32y
bonfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 04:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Workhorse chassis, right?

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Yes a workhorse chassis
Old 02-09-2014, 11:19 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Are you trying to make them work?

My 2004 Workhorse DRL don't work . I contacted the dealer and they said it would be $150 to make them work.

They work on the rigs that were sold for Canada but not the U.S. was the story they gave me.
Old 02-10-2014, 12:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

My 2007 Newmar on a Workhorse chassis has daytime running lights. To the best of my knowledge it was made and originally sold in the USA.

A call to Winny in IA with the VIN can get your answers.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:07 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Your Owners manual should address that issue. It would say if the DRL's are suppose to work. I had a 2003 on the F53 chassis that did. It seems that Winnie would have done it to all of their MH's.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:23 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

They work on my 2005.. OMEY has some interesting diagrams on his web pages.. My GUESS. and I stress this is a GUESS is that the relay will be part of the main chassis fuse block, On my 2005 this is under the hood, Dead center TOP, it is a featureless black box, no labels on the outside, you open the cover and there is a lot of info on it's inside.

Option 2 is the aux panel near the parking brake pedal but.. I think it's going to be on the main.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

the coach already has daylight running lamps i am trying to add some additional led lights
Old 02-10-2014, 12:38 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

The DRL system uses the standard headlights.. I would simply add an additional circuit you control manually unless you wish to DETECT the DRL's.. in which case there is an indicator on your dash already.
Old 08-22-2014, 01:37 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

At the shop I'm working on an '05 Adventurer, Workhorse. I have no dim headlights, fog lights, or DRL (if equipped). Bulbs are good and all fuses by driver kick panel and under the hood are good. I can't find any fuses labeled headlights. I tried tracing a dim light wire with a tone generator and one place it led me was to the fog light switch. I know often times the headlights must be on for fog lights to come on. Could there be a correlation here. I may check OMEY's site too.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 01:58 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Did you check BOTH fuse panels under the hood.. One has a plain black cover (no markings) it is center.

There are two relay loations and without looking I think the DRLs are in the one I just described.. but I can not be sure Headlights normally have a breaker not a fuse.. But it will be in a fuse block.

On my 2005 there is a fuse for fog lights (Do not know if used) in the Intelletec Battery Control Center (The other fuse box under the hood) and I think I found a blown fuse, thank you.

On page 9 of OEMY's web page which I mentioned above I found the DRL relay assembly.. It is on the I/P Aux connection panel, this is NOT a fuse panel, but it is near the fuse panel that is under the dash,,(Just to the right of it on mine) Most of the fuses on that panel (Called the I/P fuse panel by the way) feed terminals on this connection block

Get OMEY's document and check page 9, it is a PDF and I suggest you save it to your hard drive.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:42 PM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonfield View Post
the coach already has daylight running lamps i am trying to add some additional led lights
I remember the first time I saw LED's on a ultra-luxury passenger vehicle. My thinking was that they were silly and just a passing styling-phase... boy, was I wrong. Now I see them on vehicles at all price points, buses, semi's, etc. and now think they look pretty cool.

Sure hope you post some pictures if you add the LED lights, along with the process to do the install. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2014, 12:29 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
Did you check BOTH fuse panels under the hood.. One has a plain black cover (no markings) it is center.

There are two relay loctions and without looking I think the DRLs are in the one I just described.. but I can not be sure Headlights normally have a breaker not a fuse.. But it will be in a fuse block.

On my 2005 there is a fuse for fog lights (Do not know if used) in the Intellitec Battery Control Center (The other fuse box under the hood) and I think I found a blown fuse, thank you.
I only found one fuse box under the hood. I have yet to find the Intellitec panel and I've searched for it. It has to be there somewhere. I'll check OMEY's pages. Thank you!

I can't find a post by OMEY or a link to his site. Help me out please.
rgreen45 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights