Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-30-2002, 10:50 AM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Location: \"North of the Tourists and South of the Yankees!\"
Not sure how Workhorse wired the Hi Beam Flasher if at all but from what I have been seeing on the road, a quick on and off of the road hazzard switch is what most truckers are using these day and so do I. Much easier to see and handy.

my .02

Al and Faye Heyn
"Owl's Nest Phase II"
HOME OF "CHADWICK" THE WONDER DOG!
Orange Park, FlYankee!"
2000 35U Ford
2002 Jeep GC or 2000 Chev Trckr
FMCA 273789 WIT 101577 GS

There are two ways to argue with a woman..... Neither one works!

You want a HOLY WAR, I'll show you a HOLY WAR!!! Let the Crusade begin anew!!!

Wir müssen 5th Spaltenmoslems suchen!

"Owl's Nest Phase II"
Al & Faye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 11:10 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Al & Faye "Owl's Nest Phase II":
Not sure how Workhorse wired the Hi Beam Flasher if at all but from what I have been seeing on the road, a quick on and off of the road hazzard switch is what most truckers are using these day and so do I. Much easier to see and handy.

my .02

Al and Faye Heyn
"Owl's Nest Phase II"
HOME OF "CHADWICK" THE WONDER DOG!
Orange Park, FlYankee!"
2000 35U Ford
2002 Jeep GC or 2000 Chev Trckr
FMCA 273789 WIT 101577 GS

There are two ways to argue with a woman..... Neither one works!

You want a HOLY WAR, I'll show you a HOLY WAR!!! Let the Crusade begin anew!!!

Wir müssen 5th Spaltenmoslems suchen!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
That's what I have been dooing, easier than reaching fo the light switch.

Pat Zollo
Fort Washington, PA
2001 Adventurer 35U
Jeep Cherokee Toad
Brake Buddy

repositioned the post

[This message was edited by DriVer on December 30, 2002 at 04:41 PM.]
Old 12-30-2002, 01:21 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

My 2002 Itasca Sunrise 30W on the Workhorse P32 Chassis does have the DTRLs operational. The chassis manufacture date is April of 2002 and the coach manufacture date is May of 2002.

I thought all GM family products had DTRLs as a standard. I would prefer not having DTRLs personally, but have not taken steps to disarm them yet.

Dean L
2002 Sunrise 30W--8.1 Workhorse
2002 Miata Toad
DeanLinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 03:22 PM   #24
Winnebago Watcher

Why should you disarm them ?

They're "standard " on any canadian vehicle since over 10-15 years. Where's the problem ?

94 Firan Raven 31Ft. P30, partly paid for :-)
Visit my web sites ( in French ) at http://www3.sympatico.ca/galant/messites.html
My English is not up to par :-((

Visit my web sites ( in French ) at https://www3.sympatico.ca/galant/messites.html
JG Gallant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 06:45 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I may not have a MH, but on my GMC van, I turn them off when driving in the campground at night. Parking lights are bright enough. I disarm them by pressing the parking brakes one click, which is not enough to force the parking brake to actually drag. In my later GMC truck, you can puch the doom override switch 4 times quickly and the DRL are off untill the ignition is turned off (also turns off the auto-headlight function). I don't know if your GMC based MH has either of those options, but you might try them.

26' Dutchman BH, '01 GMC Savana 3500 Extended Hi-Top Conversion, 8.1L

(fka TonyT)
BeenThere DoneThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 05:39 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I understand that DTRLs have been mandated for Canada for several years and there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, in fact they do provide a safety margin for driving around in your northern latitudes. I live here on the face of the sun near Phoenix, AZ, and DTRLs don't add much visability except on two lane roadways.
GM, VW, Toyota, Volvo and maybe a few other mfgrs made DTRLs standard for North America to save a few pennies per vehicle and give us a safety edge as well. They are not required by any state in the U.S. that I'm aware of.
About 1 in 20 DTRL equipped cars I meet driving daily somehow have their high beams on together with their DTRLs which is very objectionable and not what anyone intended to happen, I'm sure.
I will try the dome light switch cycling and see if my DTRLs can be defeated that way--the parking brake click won't work on my Sunrise as it is either on or off.

DeanLinAZ
2002 Sunrise 30W-8.1 Vortec
2002 Miata Toad

DeanLinAZ
2002 Sunrise 30W-8.1 Vortec
2002 Miata Toad
DeanLinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2003, 09:04 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

For enabling the DRL my local Kmart has a kit for this purpose which will work with any auto/rv.

Like the circuit for the flashing, JoeK could you also post your diag and parts list. It would be cool to learn from you and cruzer.

A request, would love to make the whole line of side marker lights flash with my turn signal! left side for left turns and right for right turns and then both sides for hazard. Would you all know if this is possible?

Thanks

RUSTIC is good.
Kudos to those who made Local, State & Federal Parks&Campgrounds possible and to those picking up the slack by Providing Private CAMPGROUNDS.
Old 01-10-2003, 11:55 AM   #28
Winnebago Camper

To make the side markers flash with your turn signals, disconnect the ground at each side marker and attach the ground to the HOT! side of the turn signal wire. The will flash with your turn signal when the running lites are off. When the running lites are on, they will flash off each time the turn signal flashes on.

26' Dutchman BH, '01 GMC Savana 3500 Extended Hi-Top Conversion, 8.1L

(fka TonyT)
BeenThere DoneThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2003, 02:28 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Pat Z Send a message via AIM to Pat Z Send a message via Yahoo to Pat Z
Well what a suprise! I had to email Workhorse a question today and decided to ask about the daytime running lights for our rig. Within 15 miniutes I get a call from the service department, asks for my VIN#, then tells me to take it to the repair shop and have them fixed under warranty. He said they should have been hooked up.

Pat Zollo
Fort Washington, PA
2001 Adventurer 35U
Jeep Cherokee Toad
Brake Buddy
Old 01-14-2003, 05:45 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by TonyT:
In my later GMC truck, you can puch the doom override switch<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

AHHAH! NOW I know how to finally beat that darned DOOM game on the computer! AT LAST!

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Snow Covered Frozen Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790.Good Sam.WIT.PCA-CVR
Old 01-19-2003, 06:38 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JG Gallant:
Why should you disarm them ?

They're "standard " on any canadian vehicle since over 10-15 years. Where's the problem ?

94 Firan Raven 31Ft. P30, partly paid for :-)
Visit my web sites ( in French ) at http://www3.sympatico.ca/galant/messites.html
My English is not up to par :-((<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Leveling after dark in a campground.

2. Letting a truck know it's okay to come back into your lane after being overtaken at night. Only way to do that now is to flash your high beams, vice turning your headlights off and then back on.

Ghost
'02 Adventurer 32V Ford
Various Toads
Snow Covered Frozen Connecticut Woods
FMCA 300790.Good Sam.WIT.PCA-CVR
Old 08-31-2005, 03:29 AM   #32
Winnebago Camper

Hi Cruzer -

Back on 24 December 2002, you'd posted a schematic to flash the markers and headlights on your "old" Suncruiser. I tried to click on that link/picture, but it's seems to be dead. Can you re-post it, or point me to its new location, please?

I'm trying to redo my lites ('04 W22 chassis) so's I can get the flash features, as well as add another switch to manually defeat the DRL-function when driving in a campground at nite, etc. I have the WH wiring diagrams, but would certainly appreciate an experienced input.

TIA,
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote