Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-16-2021, 01:54 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
Yes its on the chassis wiring diagram, 22N, part number: 338810-01-000, my view is prewired and already has the 4 wires that attach to it in the battery bay.
Thanks. There is another item listed as part of 22N, 063912-02-000 RELAY CANISTER, SPDT w/RESIST.

I think at the end of the day, I just may swap out the Mastervolt Charge Mate for the Orion Smart DC-DC charger.
axelrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:20 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by axelrod View Post
I think at the end of the day, I just may swap out the Mastervolt Charge Mate for the Orion Smart DC-DC charger.
I replaced the Renogy DC-DC charger in our Fuse with the Onion Smart and have been quite pleased with it. It is nicely configurable and the bluetooth app works very well.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 02:59 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
Who makes the combiner you got from Lichtsinn?

David

It says Freedom eGen Combiner Kit, Progressive 881-0031-12
misteracng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 03:01 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Thanks. There is another item listed as part of 22N, 063912-02-000 RELAY CANISTER, SPDT w/RESIST.

I think while DC-DC is not required, it is the best option if you are willing to go for it. I just went with what winnebago did, because the parts were easy to get and it would essentailly make it a factory like install. I did consider to remove the chargepoint and go with a DC-DC charger as well but I will try this route first.
Old 02-16-2021, 05:02 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJMike View Post
Thanks. I guess I missed that page.

And that is much, much less than Winnebago is charging for the battery if ordered for an EKKO.
Hi, I verbally promised Lithionics not to share the price I got but others are a bit less concerned when it comes to promises, check at 5:48 minutes:
https://youtu.be/_F2uvwWmYFk

By the way the guy in the video is in my opinion a bit of a dick. He is now so proud of his Lithionics battery such that he is in his comparisons to Battle Born not necessarily truthful.
SpecE30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 05:10 PM   #26
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by misteracng View Post
I think while DC-DC is not required, it is the best option if you are willing to go for it. I just went with what winnebago did, because the parts were easy to get and it would essentailly make it a factory like install. I did consider to remove the chargepoint and go with a DC-DC charger as well but I will try this route first.
Did you just tell Winnebago that you wanted the 2 - electronic parts for feature code 22N ?
Old 02-16-2021, 06:23 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Did you just tell Winnebago that you wanted the 2 - electronic parts for feature code 22N ?

I read the part numbers to lichtsinn parts department to order
Old 02-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #28
Winnebago Camper

I am PERPLEXED! Just returned from a 2 month boondock vacation in Arizona. I had no electrical issues with enough electricity during that time frame. Most all of my time was using my 3 solar panels coupled with two 6V lead acid batteries tied in series. I had no issues using: 3 TVs with satalight antennas, all appliances and lights, surround sound system for music and etc. One simply needs to use common sense for where the electricity comes from. Shore power, generator, solar...that's about it. In the morning if its cold, elect to use the generator to produce electricity for the heat pump or the furnace, same for the toaster and microwave. All else, use the solar/inverter for the entertainment and other low drain device needs.
So why would people spend so much on Lithium Ion battery's? Then have to revamp other controller and electrical issues to make it work? 2 Months on full boondocking on my two 6v batteries and 3 panel solar batteries coupled with common sense.
I'd put my money into improving the suspension system so it drives better rather than fool around with Lithium. I was next to a 5th wheeler on the trip at Quartszite who had 12 large solar panels tied to 12 Battle Horn batteries. He was working every day to keep issues in check as well as run two small generators...just for electricity. Now he is turning it all in and going to what I have to make life simple and a whole lot less expensive to operate coupled with reliable outcomes.
Cheers Moonie
moonie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 02:28 PM   #29
Winnebago Camper

Has anybody tried Ionic or Sunbeam batteries. Supposedly they are plug and play. Since the BMS is just software, I have no doubt that it is possible.

https://lithiumhub.com/product/12-vo...31+w%2F+Heater

https://www.sunbeamsystem.com/smart-lithium-plug-play/
Old 04-23-2021, 07:12 AM   #30
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonie View Post
So why would people spend so much on Lithium Ion battery's? Then have to revamp other controller and electrical issues to make it work? 2 Months on full boondocking on my two 6v batteries and 3 panel solar batteries coupled with common sense.
Presumably you have an absorption refrigerator that you run on propane. We have a compressor refrigerator that runs only on DC, and it uses quite a bit of that. A single night boondocking in Arizona in the Spring or Fall meant that our batteries were down to half power in the morning and the 200 watts of solar were never enough to provide enough power to fully recharge them. If we wanted to stay another night we had to run our generator to recharge them (and listen to the sound and smell the exhaust) or go somewhere else and expect the alternator to recharge the batteries. If we did not do one of those our batteries were far too low the next morning.

We replaced those batteries with Lithium and added another 200 watts of solar and now we no longer have that problem. You should not assume everyone's issues are the same as yours.
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote