Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Convenience outlet

my wife and i are nes to the rv world we purchased a 07 winnebago aspect. we are taking our time learning all the systems. we keep it plugged up to a land line at home and have taken a couple day trips in it. my question concerns the convenience outlets. they work when it is plugged in our land line, but not when the generator is running or when just the coach is running, any answers would be appreciated
walterhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hello and welcome to the forum. Please explain what and where are your convienence outlets.

Also, any added info: does the generator suppy any power at all?, does the inverter energize any 120v outlets?

Hopefully with extra info the group can help.
gruelens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

:welcome:
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

On your unit you must plug the power cord into the generator power cord recp box to get power to the 120VAC outlets. If you have the inverter option it only supplies the TV recp.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

:welcome:

According to the manual for your vehicle, the shore cord must be plugged in to the outlet in the utility compartment for the generator to power the 120v system. Also it stated you have a 300 watt inverter that powers the outlet near TV.

http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...7/07Aspect.pdf

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Welcome, don't know about your question, but what they said makes sense!
Old 12-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

thanks for the info. i went down and investigated every nook and cranny today. i know a lot more today. a soon as i finish the parking pad for the rv, i can get into the operation of the rv
walterhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:03 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by walterhess View Post
thanks for the info. i went down and investigated every nook and cranny today. i know a lot more today. a soon as i finish the parking pad for the rv, i can get into the operation of the rv
:welcome: and use us to gain knowledge. Good to see you here. Please go to the newcomers page and fill out your profile. The more we know about your equipment the better we can assist you.

I recommend that you take the time to read your coach information manuals. Many questions will be answered there. Unfortunately there is also much generic info and you either ask us for clarification or discover it on your own. But at least your questions will have a solid place to form from.

Happy trails for many years to come.

Rick
Old 12-02-2013, 08:29 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Like Rick said, the coach owners manual doesn't tell you much details of operation and adjustments. Individual appliance, electronics manuals do contain a wealth on information for that specific product. One place to download users/owners manuals, and service manuals
and Bryant RV download page.
If you need an owners manual for your MH check here.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA. "We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution." Abraham Lincoln
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote