Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-26-2023, 06:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Completely buffaloed - 2010 Itasca Suncruiser 37F

RV 2010 Itasco 37 F. My fan switch for the front ac/heat only works in high. I have replaced the switch, relay and resister. Still no low or med speed. Anyway today I went up to RV to check on things, now when I turn switch to high it turns the radio and the rear camera system on. I have not change any wires etc… I did replace the batteries , coach and chassis. That is the only wires that has been messed with.
Any suggestions? I really don’t know where to go now.
Scouts honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:41 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Maybe a few questions can help clear some questions?
Just to check, when you turn the fan/ blower on, you do have to turn the igntion on, correct?
But when you turn on the ignition, doesn't that also power up the radio and cmaera as well?

Any chance it is not really a problem but when doing it, you got a reaction from all those and it "seemed " like the fan switch did it?

The alternate seems like a real problem as it would seem to be shorting between wiring to several things and that is a REAL problem!

But if that is not what's happened, another thought might help rule out some things?

On the other posting about the fan motor, I assume you've not found anything to help there. So can you get to the plug on the back of the controls to remove it as a way to take anything wrong with the blower fan wiring out of the question?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blower.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	120.4 KB
ID:	185478  
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 02:39 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Ok, when the ignition of off and I turn the fan switch to low,med or high the radio and camera comes on. If it is on high the fan come on. If the switch is on low or med the fan does not come on but the radio and camera does. I have unplugged the switch while the ignition is off and when I unplug the switch it cuts the radio and camera off.
With the fan switch off and I turn the ignition on the radio and camera comes on as it should. Any answers? After you ponder on this let me know what you think and what to do Thxs. Henry
Scouts honor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 04:40 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Wow! That is a real puzzle and it puts it into things that I don't have much hope of getting drawings to chase but it seems to say there is a short or cross between wires feeding the radio and the fan. Am I right in guessing that the camera you mention is part of the radio, maybe built in?

I have to say, I'm kind of shooting in the dark but it seems that the orange wire from the blower switch to the resister pack is connected/shorted/crossed with the wire feeding power to the radio and camera.

My thought is that the radio is not getting power until you put power on that orange wire by turning on the blower switch. When you do turn that switch on the power to the blower also goes to the radio.

That may be a real bear to find as it can be such a small point to spot! I find shorts are often when two wires get scraped along a sharp metal edge, etc. but that metal is often grounded and will blow a fuse.
But this sounds more like two wires may be just pressed way too hard together so that they are making connection??
The problem is that you need to go along that orange wire an look really hard for a spot where it is against the wire feeding the radio.
But you will likely not be able to see them worth a hoot to get a really good look at them!

If anybody has more drawings of how the radio and chassis are wired, it would be a big help. Anybody out there have access to that info?
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca, suncruiser