Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-23-2014, 07:11 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Coleman 8 Wire Thermostat replacement

Help, I have a 1997 Winnebago Adventurer with what I believe is a thermostat issue. I can run the front air conditioner (have not tried the rear yet) but am unable to get the furnace fan or heat to come on. I do hear a single click sound coming from the furnace (under the sink) when I attempt to turn on the fan. The Thermostat is an 8 wire Coleman 7330-3371 unit. So far I cannot locate a replacement for this unit. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
braeges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

braeges, try this link they said it will replace the 7330-3371.
Coleman Digital Wall Thermostat 8330-3482 Black
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Coleman 8 Wire Thermostat replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
braeges, try this link they said it will replace the 7330-3371.
Coleman Digital Wall Thermostat 8330-3482 Black

Thank you. I came across this during my seach and am concerned that it is only a 6 wire thermostat and not an 8 wire unit. What seems to be missing is the purple wire (signal for the rear AC controller?) and a black wire. I am going to give Winnebago a call later and see what they say.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:41 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Well I called Winnebago and they provided me with a part number which cross references to Coleman 8330-3482. Now if only Camping world would answer the phone I'll order the Winne part and hope for the best
Old 02-20-2016, 09:38 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by braeges View Post
Well I called Winnebago and they provided me with a part number which cross references to Coleman 8330-3482. Now if only Camping world would answer the phone I'll order the Winne part and hope for the best
Did the Coleman 8330-3482 work? I am trying to replace the same thermostat you did. It does seem that the 8330-3482 has only 6 wires instead of 8.
gerryregnier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:25 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Just has a problem with my Suburban furnace doing the same thing...Click at furnace no fan,nothing...AC worked fine...I diagnosed it to a bad board on the furnace...

Check to see if you have 12v at the furnace from the thermostat, usually a blue wire..If you do the thermostat is fine..

What make furnace...If it is older the furnace time delay relay sounds like your problem...If it is newer, the relay is on the board and not replaceable (my problem) assuming that it is a Suburban, might be the same for an Atwood furnace.. Don't know how far along you got in troubleshooting, but to me it sounds more like a furnace problem than the thermostat..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 10:21 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by braeges View Post
Help, I have a 1997 Winnebago Adventurer with what I believe is a thermostat issue. I can run the front air conditioner (have not tried the rear yet) but am unable to get the furnace fan or heat to come on. I do hear a single click sound coming from the furnace (under the sink) when I attempt to turn on the fan. The Thermostat is an 8 wire Coleman 7330-3371 unit. So far I cannot locate a replacement for this unit. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
Before changing out the thermostat open up the furnace and check the fan. These motors do seize up. If you "hear" the furnace doing anything the thermostat is probably OK. Go through ALL of your testing before making a determination. Too many bad choices happen by not having all the facts in place.

Look forward to your find.

Rick Y

Tags
replace, replacement, thermostat