Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2015, 02:48 PM   #21
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by swetter View Post
Also wanted to add that camp world wanted 1589.00 to troubleshoot my generator, another 15 for front brakes, and 2000.00. For a transmission seal replacement. With you guys and Amazon, I saved ait of money. Generator is working fine. I'll sub the brakes out to someone else. Transmission is not leaking at all. Bunch of crooks at camp world. Be ware!

You learned quickly. Just don't forget what you just learned.

Jim & Shirley & Abbie (Scottie)
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911
2005 Dodge Grand Caravan

🎓 I always think I know more than I actually do! I'm not a 🚀 scientist, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 🏩
2013 Newmar Canyon Star 3911, 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan - Braun Accessibility Modified Toad, Remco Lube Pump, 5 Star Tune, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, Coach Net Emergency Road Service, FMCA 378968
Jim T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:18 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Just got home from work and came home to a battery at 12.9 volts. I am happy. Now it's 109 here in Henderson NV and my power converter box in the dinette is very hot. So I unplugged everything and let it cool off. With everything off, I decided to measure if I had any kind of draw on my battery. I placed my volt meter on Amp and secured it around the negative battery cable. The angers were on Ac power and read 0. When I pressed the dc button it reads 1.15. I should be reading Ac Amps correct? Or should it be DC? Might be a dumb question. Either way, it seems I have some kind of a draw.
swetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:21 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Just got home from work and came home to a battery at 12.9 volts. I am happy. Now it's 109 here in Henderson NV and my power converter box in the dinette is very hot. So I unplugged everything and let it cool off. With everything off, I decided to measure if I had any kind of draw on my battery. I placed my volt meter on Amp and secured it around the negative battery cable. The angers were on Ac power and read 0. When I pressed the dc button it reads 1.15. I should be reading Ac Amps correct? Or should it be DC? Might be a dumb question. Either way, it seems I have some kind of a draw.

What is the volt reading at the battery with the charger off?

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:27 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

It is reading 12.5 now.
swetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:33 PM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Just I placed my volt meter on Amp and secured it around the negative battery cable. The angers were on Ac power and read 0. When I pressed the dc button it reads 1.15. I should be reading Ac Amps correct? Or should it be DC? Might be a dumb question.

You should be reading DC amps. The entire 12 volt part of the coach is DC.
pasdad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 04:34 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Amp from a battery cable would be DC.

With 1 amp draw, on your approx. 100 AH battery, it will be completely dead In 4 days.

If you can watch the amps and pull fuses, 1 at a time, you may be able to find the draw.

As far as charging, you should charge that battery until you see 13.4 volts on your meter. Then, if you turn It off, the volts will slowly drop to 12. 6 or 12.7 volts.

Try not to let the battery get below 12 volts. Below that, life shortening damage, is being done.
twinboat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, charging