Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-09-2020, 08:47 PM   #1
Site Team

Circuit dead; bad GFCI?

All plugs on a circuit are not working (basement, dinette, and bathroom). No breakers were tripped. When I tried to reset the GFCI, it blinked red At first and now has no LED lights at all. When researching, it looks like the GFCI may have failed and needs to be replaced, or maybe there really is a ground fault. In inspecting the wires, it all looks good, so I am going to try replacing the GFCI when I get home. Any comments appreciated.
macnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:17 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

My guess would be you're right--failed GFCI. It happens. Can you Google the device to see what the red flash meant? You could also quickly test by removing anything downstream of the GFCI. Follow standard safety precautions.

Might be overkill, but I would consider getting an exterior grade GFCI if you can find it in a small enough form factor to fit.