Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-03-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Cig lighter doesn't work

Ok this is kinda of a sequel to the last post I made (Fuse box labels). Well I found out that the fuse box has an AUX wire that's hooked directly to it, that leads to the cig lighter. The AUX wire is in the LPS slot and that's where I'm having trouble. The LPS slot itself is dead, does anyone know why?

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=17573
Winnabango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnabango View Post
The AUX wire is in the LPS slot and that's where I'm having trouble. The LPS slot itself is dead, does anyone know why?
Can you remove the jumper or adapter that runs off to the cigar lighter? I expect that the jumper adapter might be compromising the connectivity at the fuse. I'd rule out basic connectivity and see if it resolves anything. Pull the fuse and replace it regardless if it's blown or not.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
Can you remove the jumper or adapter that runs off to the cigar lighter? I expect that the jumper adapter might be compromising the connectivity at the fuse. I'd rule out basic connectivity and see if it resolves anything. Pull the fuse and replace it regardless if it's blown or not.

Well I found out that the Aux wire is a Acc wire that is runs on 12V. That's what it says on the back of the tag. I was wrong about when it was the LPS, it wasn't it at all. It was right next to it.

The end of where it plugs in the slot, well it is shaped to fit into that on slot only. It's like a triangle fit into a square. The slot that it's meant for has no power. The battery slots however, have power but the wire won't fit into them, I'm thinking that I could melt a small part of it of to were it can fit. What do you think?
Old 02-14-2011, 05:34 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Does the cig get power when the key is on?
Old 02-14-2011, 07:07 AM   #5
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnabango View Post
The end of where it plugs in the slot, well it is shaped to fit into that on slot only. It's like a triangle fit into a square. The slot that it's meant for has no power. The battery slots however, have power but the wire won't fit into them, I'm thinking that I could melt a small part of it of to were it can fit. What do you think?
Absent pictures at the macro level detailing the socket and the connector I would be cautious to recommend that you deform a modular connector using heat.
Old 02-14-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
iRV2 Marketing

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSouthw524 View Post
Does the cig get power when the key is on?
In regard to the dash mounted 12 volt power point OR cigar lighter. That as well as the arm mounted power point are always hot regardless of the key position or they should be. RVs use 12 volt power for any number of things and having the power go off with the key would be really inconvenient.
Old 02-16-2011, 11:13 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
In regard to the dash mounted 12 volt power point OR cigar lighter. That as well as the arm mounted power point are always hot regardless of the key position or they should be. RVs use 12 volt power for any number of things and having the power go off with the key would be really inconvenient.

I found the wire that is connected to the cig lighter, but the side flashers come on. Here's a video link I made, it might help explain things a little better.