Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-23-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

chassis heater a/c fan motor

While running workhorse chassis a/c fan motor it just stopped. After cooling down for 15 minutes I tried again and the fan came on for about 3-5 minutes then shut down again. Tried again 30 minutes later with fan motor on about half speed and it worked again but only for about 7 minutes. Is there a thermal overload protector on the fan motor or is the relay failing? Anyone have an idea? This is on a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser with the 8.1L GM motor. I think the fan motor is under the dash in front of the passenger. (I think). Haven't found a schematic showing any answers.
smarks911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:04 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

:welcome:

The heater & dash A/C system may be protected by a self re-setting 12v circuit breaker, that re-sets after cooling off.

Sure sounds like the fan motor is failing, running at 1/2 speed and all.
If possible you could pull the motor out and bench test it. Usually only three small bolts holding it in place, but clearance for removal may be an issue.
Old 06-23-2015, 05:54 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

chassis heater a/c fan motor

I have a 2005 Itasca Suncruiser that the fan motor for the A/C shut down while driving. I shut the system down and let it "cool" down after which the fan worked again until it shut off again. Is there a thermal overload on this motor that can be changed out or will I need another fan motor? I think the motor resides under a cowling accessed through the front hatch. If some one has experienced a problem with this, I would appreciate a shout out. Thanks.
smarks911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 06:27 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Winnebago sells the blower:

030-0137-Blower

Victory Climate Systems has replaced/taken over the old SCS Frigette that made your original system.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:09 PM   #5

Under the passengers feet area you should find the fan blower motor and the squirrel cage fastened to it. The plastic squirrel cage on my blower broke apart. Motor was still good and only had to replace the cage which I got from Auto Zone.
Doggy Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 07:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2004 Itasca Sunrise that does the same thing, but one difference. It will run continuously if I set the speed at the highest setting or the second lowest setting. One notch lower than max and it will run for a few min. then just totally stop no matter where I select the speed. If I set it to the off speed for a few min it will resume. Again it will be OK if I leave it in max speed.

I don't have an answer as to why, but I'm very interested in fixing it if someone has the good news.
Old 06-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

If you guys are talking about the dash air blower motor, it is a coach builder item, not part of the WCC chassis, and will be part of whichever system the coach builder uses. May be Evans-Tempcon, or perhaps SOB. See if there is a name on the "box" on passenger side of firewall.
Old 09-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Blower Motor Resister generally located by the blower motor plenum.
kmoulton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, fan, heat, heater