Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2021, 05:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Ceiling light switch mystery

Opened the compartment behind the switch panel and found that one of the connections to the ceiling light switch was off a terminal. It sure looks like it fell off but attaching it does not seem to do anything regardless of the switches position. Does anyone know if this could be for some light I just don't have in my Era or ???.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image0.jpeg
Views:	44
Size:	129.0 KB
ID:	180142   Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	148.7 KB
ID:	180143  

Old 07-12-2021, 05:46 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

There is a code printed along the sides of wires as in the example below. This code can then be looked up on this wire ID chart which list the codes at left with the "from" location and then the "To" location at the right. This might be a first step in spotting what the wire was meant to do?

Code chart:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...ical_guide.pdf

Hint:
If looking for a code like zzy, try hitting Ctrl and "F" to bring a dropdown to input the code you want to find and it will then let you scroll to each place that code might appear. Helps to cut the scrolling down!

Or, in reverse, if you do not know the code and want to find a wire which feeds a specific item like and awning, try typing in "awning" and it should give a list where that is found in the chart.

Maybe a small clue can give some light?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wire id.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	23.4 KB
ID:	180144  
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 06:19 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks Morich

Thanks that is great to information have! Turns out with that wire connected it allows the "ceiling lights' to function as "dome lights" when you open the sliding door, even if the switch is off. Now, do I want that? I'll have to think about it and ask the boss!

Tags
ceiling, light, switch