Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2018, 09:13 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery Tender Jr

We store our 2014 Minnie Winnie Travel Trailer 2201DS stored at a near by covered storage area. I’m using a battery tender Jr on the battery and leave it plugged in to keep battery charged. Don’t use the shore power cord when stored.
We use the same type chargers for our bikes.
Anyone else using this system and am I harming the battery doing this?
bbird76020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2018, 06:13 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I've used a Battery Tender or a similar device on all my batteries that are not in daily use. This includes a quad, a garden tractor, a real tractor and the toad. It's all good for the battery and there is no down side to leaving connected full time as long as the charger is the 'Battery Tender' type of smart charger.
Stan

Tags
battery