Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-20-2018, 04:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Battery isolation manager

Does anyone know if a 09 32 h adventurer have a "battery isolation nanager" and where it could be
Old 05-20-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
Site Team

I’m not sure, but there are electrical diagrams available on line at Winnebagoind.com.

I believe Adventurers do have them.

On my coach it was located behind a removable panel in the storage locker on the passenger side in front of the entry door. Just below the circuit breakers in that compartment.

Perhaps Grant will chime in here, he’s very knowledgeable on this subject.
Old 05-20-2018, 07:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

ok, thanks for your reply. I think it does , but I will have to empty that compartment to get in there. I know there has to be a way to charge the chassis battery. I see the parts diagram but it doesn't show a bim. my battery died last week as we were about to leave and I jumpered it to get running. the big slide worked at our destination but when we went to leave it wouldn't retract, even though the battery was ok to start the motor. so I'm fumbling around for answers.
Old 05-20-2018, 08:26 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Our Navion requires the emergency brake to be set and engine running. Not sure of tour setup however.
Mike Owens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 10:47 AM   #5
Site Team

If it is a power gear hydraulic slide and you’re gettin a low voltage error there are a couple things to try.

Do you have the owners manuals for your rig?
Old 05-20-2018, 10:53 AM   #6
Site Team

Assuming you have a BIM it should charge your chassis battery after the house batteries are over 13.4v approximately.

Check the chassis battery for corrosion and be sure it has water in it.

My BIM was faulty from new and until I got it fixed I used a small trickle charger.

If your coach doesn’t have a BIM there is a inexpensive device called a TrickLCharge that folks say works great and is easy to install.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:29 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

yes i have all the manuals that Winnie gives you, but it says nothing about any battery system. i will call Winnie tomorrow, they seem to be very helpful
Old 05-20-2018, 12:22 PM   #8
Just Trying to Help

billyb-

Neither the wiring diagrams (link here) nor the owner's manual (link here) show or mention a BIM or anything like it. That's a pretty clear indication the coach did not come from the factory with any "intelligent" cross-charging circuits.

The typical Winnie wiring (and as shown in the wiring diagrams) connects the house and chassis batteries when the ignition is on, meaning the alternator can charge the house batteries (all things working as designed). Similarly, the house and chassis batteries can be connected manually, using the BATT BOOST switch on the dash, to allow the house batteries to jump-start the chassis batteries, if needed.

Of course, the coach is old enough that someone may have added something like the Trik-L-Start to accomplish cross-charging when on shore power. And, old enough to that the BATT BOOST solenoid might not be working any more!
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

yes i have opened all the panels and i have found no bim control . i think you are correct that the unit doesn't have any charge to the chassis battery when plugged into 110 volts. i will get a 12 volt battery maintainer to keep it up to snuff. i still haven't found the converter. the service manual says one of the places could be under the galley cabinet floor. so i will take that floor up, cause i want to know. i knew everything about my windsport but it went to rv heaven. now i will have to figure out why my full wall slide has stopped working
Old 05-20-2018, 02:53 PM   #10
Just Trying to Help

billyb-

The "Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation" drawing (link here), Sheet 5, Zone C-3, View EC, says the converter is "mounted to sticks on bath cabinet." Note: Sheet 5 of the drawing is page 6 of the PDF document.

If your coach has electric slide motors, it's possible a fuse/breaker has blown or the 12V batteries are too weak. On many coaches, the house batteries power the electric slides.

I see by the "Chassis Electrical Box Assembly" drawing (link here), Sheet 2, Zone D-5, that there are two 40A circuit breakers associated with the front slide rams. You might wnt to find and attempt to reset them.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 06:06 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

TrickLCharge

[QUOTE=. If your coach doesn’t have a BIM there is a inexpensive device called a TrickLCharge that folks say works great and is easy to install.[/QUOTE]

That was one of the very first things we bought when we acquired a ten year old 03 Adventurer. It was incredibly inexpensive. We also had to replace both the chassis battery and the house batteries when we bought it. The little TrickLStart was from Amazon, but I do not see it now. However hers a link to a site that explains how it works. Ultra Trik-L-Start, Starting Battery Charger/Maintainer for Gas or Diesel Engines - RV Power Supply

We decided to replace our charger converter and add two more house batteries. Relocating the chassis was just part of it. Then hefting four Trojans into place was the next step, followed by installing a nifty little LED amp meter. Well worth the expense and the four stage converter charger actually charges unlike the factory one. And balances the batteries. I don't know what that means but I know it works.

Adding a solar suitcase charger and replacing all the 4 w bulbs plus swapping out the fluorescents means no battery worries.
luckydog08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery