Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 07-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Battery discharges

My battery runs everything it's supposed to, but steadily discharges. I took the battery to AutoZone, they tested and recharged it. For some reason it won't charge from my inverter. This is a new problem out of nowhere. Any suggestions?
Greg Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 03:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Morrow View Post
For some reason it won't charge from my inverter. This is a new problem out of nowhere. Any suggestions?
I doubt your battery in your Mini Drop TT is being charged by an inverter. More likely, you have a Converter that is charging your battery.

Have you checked your 110v Circuit breakers for your Converter? That would be a first place to check. Do you have a multimeter that you can use to check voltage at your battery?

Do, all your lights and other 12v appliances work when you are not on shore power?
Old 07-12-2022, 04:20 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We are plugged in. All breakers and fuses in the converter are ok. I'm thinking if a line fuse for the battery, although I can't find one, was bad, I would not power to or from the battery. It runs everything until it doesn't. It just doesn't charge. I'm surprised that you need the battery under shore power. Thought the converter would take over 12v operations????
Greg Morrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:43 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

You kinda confusing the issue when you are inserting statements or comments. i.e. you may be thinking of Inverter & Converter backwards.

My suggestion would be to try answer the questions in post #2 or state why you can't.

But if you are 100% sure the batter tested well under load, then your problem is the converter is not working. Question becomes why?

Is your house disconnect switch in Use mode?
Have you verified 110 vac to the converter?
Have you verified 12vdc out of the converter?
2019 Sunstar 29ve; Toad Lincoln Navigator; RVi Brake 3; Roadmaster Nighthawk 676; Sumo Springs; Safe T Plus; Onan EC-30 AGS; Vmax 250ah AGM; T-Mobile Internet; Southwire EMS 44270/34951 Display 40301; Jet Flo Macerator; Alpine SPE500 Speakers; Visio M21D-H8R
dkoldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 05:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Greg, as mentioned, there is missing information. But to be clear, your 12v battery will provide power to 12v loads (lights, etc), but it must be replenished. This is only accomplished by plugging into 120v shore power (for your charger/converter), or from the alternator. If you have an inverter (which provides 120v from the 12v battery), it might not have enough capacity for your loads.

More details would be great to offer advice!
MadMaxWinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery