Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Bathroom hot water pressure

I have a recently purchased 2007 Itasca Navion and love it. My problem is with the hot water faucet in the bathroom. On both water pump and city water, the flow from the faucet if just a trickle. The cold water is fine. The kitchen is a little slow but acceptable. I had the hot water heater serviced recently and that did not help. Could it be a kinked hose? Any other thoughts / ideas? We just went on a 2000 mile trip and averaged 18 mpg towing a 1997 Saturn. My previous RV though bigger only averaged 8 mpg towing (gas).
boeingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeingair View Post
I have a recently purchased 2007 Itasca Navion and love it. My problem is with the hot water faucet in the bathroom. On both water pump and city water, the flow from the faucet if just a trickle. The cold water is fine. The kitchen is a little slow but acceptable. I had the hot water heater serviced recently and that did not help. Could it be a kinked hose? Any other thoughts / ideas? We just went on a 2000 mile trip and averaged 18 mpg towing a 1997 Saturn. My previous RV though bigger only averaged 8 mpg towing (gas).
This is a common problem and most ofter fixable with some CLR or Lime-Away.

Remove the screes from each faucet and the shower head. Soak them in one of the above products. All should be fine in an hour or so. I also had one faucet get a chunk of stuff caught in the washer. Had to remove the stem to get it out. Shut the water off first of course!

Hope to hear a good report back soon.

Rick Y
Old 06-21-2014, 06:08 AM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Not sure if Rick's answer makes sense. If the faucet strainer and shower head were clogged, it would run equally slow on cold.

Have you checked the water heater bypass (if applicable) to make sure it's not half closed?

Other than that, I would inspect the hot water lines out of the heater for kinks or pinches as well as the cold/pressure line going in to the heater from the inflow side. A restriction on either side can cause your issue. Maybe just open the water heater check valve (when NOT hot) to see if the pressure in the heater is good.
TDI-Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 07:02 AM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDI-Minnie View Post
Not sure if Rick's answer makes sense. If the faucet strainer and shower head were clogged, it would run equally slow on cold.

Have you checked the water heater bypass (if applicable) to make sure it's not half closed?

Other than that, I would inspect the hot water lines out of the heater for kinks or pinches as well as the cold/pressure line going in to the heater from the inflow side. A restriction on either side can cause your issue. Maybe just open the water heater check valve (when NOT hot) to see if the pressure in the heater is good.
I might have misread the OP. I do the forum early in the morning and what I see is not always what is written. Thanks for helping me see the truth. Your suggestion is a great one. I closed mine in error when I first got this coach. Bumped it with something I was storing.

About the screens and shower? Have had to do this a couple of times. TX water. You can wallpaper with it.

Rick Y
Old 06-23-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

fixed

Well, I'm not sure what I did but it seems better. I took the faucet out, took it apart, and cleaned everything and that made it a lot better. Thanks for the input.
boeingair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 09:29 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

It olny take a little bit of crud in the valve opening to slow down the water flow. Glad you found the problem.
Old 06-23-2014, 11:28 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

The Delta/Peerless twin handle faucets in mine are more prone to getting plugged up on the hot water side of things and new stems will many times correct this. It all depends where the source of the restriction is and many times there is no one single source so you have to start at one end of the line and work methodically to the other end.
Old 06-25-2014, 05:53 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by boeingair View Post
Well, I'm not sure what I did but it seems better. I took the faucet out, took it apart, and cleaned everything and that made it a lot better. Thanks for the input.
The folks on this forum, like me, don't always have the exact answer but what we do contribute often leads to the correct fix. Glad you got to the bottom of things.

Tags
water