Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-25-2021, 05:39 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Basement AC troubleshooting help

So the thermostat LCD is stuck on 99 even though it's 80 inside the RV. Only the inside fans work. No AC. When I slide the thermostat switch to AC nothing happens, not even the "click" sound. I can't tell if the heat works because the thermostat is always 99
I removed the cover exposing the circuit board and capacitors. They all visually appear ok. No signs of excessive heat. The circuit board green light is solid on, not blinking.
What should be my next steps? Replace the thermostat?
bjboles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

This is a duplicate post to:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3903818

There's no benefit from having two threads on the same problem, it's just going to confuse things. The Heating, Cooling and Appliances forum is the right place for this. I suggest you ask a moderator to delete this one and stick with your earlier thread.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 06:51 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I understand where your coming from BobC. I'm just trying to get this issue in front of as many electrical guru's as possible. I have yet to find any info on why the thermostat would be stuck on 99°.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:15 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Most of us don't just follow a single forum, we just look at the recent discussions.

My guess is it's stuck because it's broken and needs to be replaced but the key is to short the two terminals that I pointed out to you and see what happens.
Old 08-25-2021, 07:24 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Nothing happens when I jump F and FY
Old 08-25-2021, 07:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Let's continue this discussion on your other thread, then you'll have some continuity. I suggest you post "Nothing happens when I jump F and FY" there and see if you get some answers.