Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Question Bad Inverter or Bad Operator?

Finally got to do a real trip with the now-not-new 35F and had several problems.

About 4 hours into 6 hour trip to campground stopped at grocery for milk we forgot. Opened fridge to find it warm, not working at all. Red light showed at inside inverter control panel. Turned on generator and after short while seemed to be working okay. Didn't take the chance on return trip, ran the generator from the campground to home, fridge worked fine.

Did what I was told to do when we had our walk-thru:
Switch on inverter in belly bay was ON.
Pushed inverter button on inside control panel, indicator light was GREEN...at least when we started out it was green.

Am I the bad operator or do I have an inverter problem?
DCMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Winnebago Vita 24P

Even though inverter light is green,maybe the GFCI on the inverter itself needs to be reset. My inverter has a power plug type GFCI. Plug something in and see if you indeed have power out.
Old 09-28-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMac View Post
Finally got to do a real trip with the now-not-new 35F and had several problems.

About 4 hours into 6 hour trip to campground stopped at grocery for milk we forgot. Opened fridge to find it warm, not working at all. Red light showed at inside inverter control panel. Turned on generator and after short while seemed to be working okay. Didn't take the chance on return trip, ran the generator from the campground to home, fridge worked fine.

Did what I was told to do when we had our walk-thru:
Switch on inverter in belly bay was ON.
Pushed inverter button on inside control panel, indicator light was GREEN...at least when we started out it was green.

Am I the bad operator or do I have an inverter problem?
I'm not hugely familiar with your specific rig or inverter, but these things usually have a small LED display that pops an error code that you can troubleshoot. My error display is on the visible end of my inverter in the external storage compartment where it lives. Maybe yours is at the on/off switch inside the coach, I don't know.
So, was there an error code, if so, what was it, and what does the inverter manual say is the most likely cause?
The answer to this question might determine who gets the "bad" label. You or the inverter.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter