Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 37B I may as well travel with the headlights turned off at night , they are pathetic!!! What is worse I have had two mechanics look at the problem and they cant find where to " ADJUST " the lights . Does anyone have the same problem or possibly have a solution ? Please contact me at : [email protected]
Thanks in Advance.....
douglasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Watcher

I have a 2005 Winnebago Adventurer 37B I may as well travel with the headlights turned off at night , they are pathetic!!! What is worse I have had two mechanics look at the problem and they cant find where to " ADJUST " the lights . Does anyone have the same problem or possibly have a solution ? Please contact me at : [email protected]
Thanks in Advance.....
douglasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

My fog lights started falling apart and I called the manufaturere, Hela. I replaced the fog lights as well as the regualar headlights with some newer style bulbs with high intensity mirrors. I have been very happy with the replacements. It may be worth a telephone call to see what they can do for you. The website is:

Hella Lights

300 HP Cat Diesel
GaDawgFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 05:51 PM   #4

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by douglasd:
Thanks in Advance..... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can tell you that the Sightseer series is just as bad, if not worse. First time I drove it at night I thought only the running lights were on!
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:18 PM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Ditto, I have a Suncruiser 33V 2007 with the same problem. First time I drove at night I had same reaction as Richard. I stopped just to make sure they were on.

I have appt. in July for some fixes and the headlights are high on the list. I'll post how they fix them. They seems out of alignment and pointing upward.
Fakrwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Well the lights on my Meridian ain't nothin' to write home about either.. What I did see while under the coach are cable remoted headlight adjustments. If I open the front door to the generator, they are located on either side of the door attached to the front cap. Maybe you have the same adjustment point?

When I have nothing else to do I might experiment with brighter lights, or look at the voltage at the lamps. I'd love to replace these with Hella, but that's not just a simple swap.

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 12:22 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

Well, I must have been lucky..On the 03 Horizon, my headlights were quite acceptable and if I turned on the fog lights, better have your sun glasses handy. This Adventurer has accetpable head lights also..Now neither would light up a runway, but you could see the road just fine...Good Miles
ichn2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 03:26 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Phew! Two "mechanics" couldn't figure out how to adjust them? Did they even look? We have the same headlights on our '04. ('03 -'05 Adventurers have the same Chevy Impala headlights) Aimimg them certainly does help. There's an up/down adjustment that's part of the headlight and a right/left adjustment that moves the whole headlight.

It's still on my to do list to take a look at the wiring and see if we're getting as must voltage as possible to the lights. A relay or two and a few feet of wire could be dropping the voltage such that the lights aren't as bright as they could be.

tderonne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 04:03 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Mine were bad when I first picked up my MH. Had to drive on bright to see and when on bright nobody flashed me to dim.

Took it to the dealer and they adjusted. Then everyone was flashing me to dim even when I was not on brights. Dealer said it was adjusted to proper specks.

Took it back to the dealer again and this time they got it right.
Ready2Travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 05:19 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

MH headlight adjustment seems to be much like the front end alignment -- always needs attention after delivery. Mine were great of bright, but very poor on dim. I took mine to a dealer, and it wasn't any better. Their service ticket said "use larger bulbs if desired." Ha!! I then took it to a Truck Fleet service place. They found adjustment "significantly off to left". They still aren't great, but are tolerable.

Some MHs have inadequate wiring, which being too small causes a significant drop in voltage at the headlights. Owners with that problem can cure it by running larger size wire. I haven't heard of that being the problem with "modern" Winnebagos.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:21 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

I adjusted the headlights for our Sightseer. I had to use a "star" screw driver. The adjustments were a bit hard to reach, specially the up/down screws located behind each light. The left/right screws are on insides of each light (engine side). They are much better now than when we first got the MH.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 11:28 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

My 2004 Adventurer 37B headlights are so dim I have to run the fog lamps to supplement. It is these small flaws that really ruin what is a really good product by Winnebago.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:11 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

Some of you have the molded head light and some may have the old seal beam like I have.

This is my 4th MH. Every MH I have had has had poor looking lights from the drivers seat.

Much of this is because of the angle you atre sitting at. Looking donw into the light. Where as in your car or truck you aree more inline with the light.

There was a topic about this long ago either here ot on RV.Net
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:35 PM   #14

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mis3s:
I adjusted the headlights for our Sightseer. I had to use a "star" screw driver. The adjustments were a bit hard to reach, specially the up/down screws located behind each light. The left/right screws are on insides of each light (engine side). They are much better now than when we first got the MH.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello mis3s;

Since you have a Sightseer, maybe you could answer a couple of questions for me...

Is it possible to actually move the headlight so it's positioned in the headlight area more evenly?

Have you ever removed the front and rear wheel simulators? If so, what tool did you use to remove the lug nut covers, how many did you have to remove to take the simulator off and do the lug nut covers pull straight off and do you turn/twist them?

Thank you...
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 03:56 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Each wheel liner is held on by two lug nut covers. Identify the two by locating the lug nut cover with an indentation on the side of it. The other will be located directly opposite of the one you located. The other lug nut covers do not come off of the wheel liner. They are more or less decorative.

I remove the two with the indentation with a socket and extension. The wheel liner will pull right off when these are removed.
Old 06-12-2007, 06:27 PM   #16

Headlight aiming pdf www.coolbulbs.com
another site with lots of pics but no pdf http://www.automedia.com/Aiming/Head...cr20010801ha/1

It doesn't matter what vehicle you have as the headlights should be aimed at the same spot.
Lorna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:55 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34.5A:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mis3s:

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello mis3s;

Since you have a Sightseer, maybe you could answer a couple of questions for me...

Is it possible to actually move the headlight so it's positioned in the headlight area more evenly?

Have you ever removed the front and rear wheel simulators? If so, what tool did you use to remove the lug nut covers, how many did you have to remove to take the simulator off and do the lug nut covers pull straight off and do you turn/twist them?

Thank you... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Richard,

As far as removing ang realigning the headlights, no I have not done that yet. No need at this time. You can go into the Winnebago website, I think electrical wiring diagrams. I think they have an illustration of how to remove and install the headlights.

As far as the wheel liners, a 1-1/8" deep socket would be a better tool to remove the lug nuts (2 with indentations as mention in other post). The tool that came with the MH is flimsy. You do not need to remove the SS decorative cover of the lug nuts.

Hope this helps.

Relax, drive safely, and enjoy God's creations.

2006 Sightseer 33T, W18, 8.1L
mis3s is offline   Reply With Quote