Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-19-2011, 08:52 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Most AC thermoststs have two setting auto and full. On auto the AC will shut down when cool to set temp. On full cool or manual, the AC runs full time and the compressor shuts on and off. When plugged in full time, you should check the battery water about every two weeks. the inverter or converter will keep the voltage high enough to make the battery gas. This causes the water level to fall. Of course always use distilled water.
ga traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:06 AM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by ga traveler View Post
Most AC thermoststs have two setting auto and full. On auto the AC will shut down when cool to set temp. On full cool or manual, the AC runs full time and the compressor shuts on and off. When plugged in full time, you should check the battery water about every two weeks. the inverter or converter will keep the voltage high enough to make the battery gas. This causes the water level to fall. Of course always use distilled water.
Ga,

If you have a 3 stage smart charger incorporated in to your converter/inverter, boiling may not be a problem.
Battery maintenance is very important and inspected, in my opinion, every two weeks as you have stated.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 09:54 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Agree with above posts'. Fix the obvious and easiest first. Change out batteries, check ACfilter/evaporater/condenser to make sure air flow is not restricted and see what happens to the AC.

Check to make sure that a ceiling vent is not directed towards the "T" Stat as this can also cause "cycling".

Inverter or converter. Really does not matter in this case if it is working properly. Both act to charge the batteries.

07 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 11:22 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Wa8, you like converters and I have various WIFI receivers. We could have a gay old time if we were neighbors some where.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Quote:
Originally Posted by wa8yxm View Post
TX and Tar.. You and I know a converter from an inverter...

1: Not everybody does

2: One of my converters (I have 2 on board) is also an Inverter (Prosine 2.0) The box says "INVERTER" on it,, but as a technician (electrnoics) I know it's both.

Actually I have a few more converters on board including one I designed and a couple I built myself, but those are for other things and are basically "Spares"
Quote:
Originally Posted by targaboat View Post
Wa8, you like converters and I have various WIFI receivers. We could have a gay old time if we were neighbors some where.
Hey guys,
It's OK to hold hands on iRV2; just no groping.

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote