Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2022, 06:18 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Awning Lights: Some not working

We have a Sunstar 29VE Class A. We hardly use the awning. Recently I opened it up and turned on the (LED) lights. Several ones arent working and one or two flicker on and off. How easy is it to fix this? It isnt a big priority. As I said above, we dont use the awning much and we use the lights even less. It would be nice to have them all work properly, though.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2022, 07:24 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Sounds like they are not making good contact.Are they a type which you can get to the individual bulbs to pull them out and wiggle to get any corrosion off the contacts?

Out in the wind and weather,sounds liike water may have gotten into corrode a bit.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 07:38 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Sounds like they are not making good contact.Are they a type which you can get to the individual bulbs to pull them out and wiggle to get any corrosion off the contacts?

Out in the wind and weather,sounds liike water may have gotten into corrode a bit.
IDK. I will try getting on a ladder to see if they come out individually or if its one long part. Hopefully the former. Forecast is for inclement weather for a few days so I may not be able to do this for a week or so.

Thanks.
Old 08-07-2022, 08:24 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

No problem with any delay. I like to just do things when I get around, not on a schedule!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2022, 07:49 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Slow reply to this. I finally got up on a ladder to check this out. It appears that the individual lights are part of one long part, enclosed in plastic with an adhesive backing. I guess to fix this, I need to replace the entire light assembly? Do you know how to find out pricing for this? I suspect that I would consider replacing it when we ever sell the unit but probably not before.

Thanks.

Tags
awning, light, lights