Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-06-2019, 12:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Aux. battery solenoid

I have a 2006 Adventurer 38-J and the solenoid that clicks when I enter the RV and turn on the Aux. battery switch, it does not click. I believe that is burned out but don't know where it is located. Any and all help appreciated.
dawa106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2019, 06:57 AM   #2
Site Team

On my 37F Adventurer it’s behind a panel below the 12v push button breakers in the compartment next to the steps (in front of the steps). There are four screws holding the panel on, it’s easy to remove.

I don’t know if yours is in the same place or not but I hope that helps.
Old 10-07-2019, 02:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

That sounds good

That location and description sounds very good and is likely the location of my solenoid also. Thanks for the help. I'l check it out asap.
dawa106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Power Solenoid

Check your 5 AMP fuse on solenoid before doing any replacement! Probably difficult to get access for checking in close quarters. I learned the hard way (thought I checked fuse HOWEVER actually was on terminal power). Jump control side w/ 12 VDC +, if you hear click it's more likely a 30 cent fuse. NOTE: solenoid relay will maintain last position (latching) until further control power is applied releasing contact.

Worth a try, I spent 2 weeks cleaning up all the circuits with functional color coded harness, AND extended the solenoid fuse to an accessible location for easy testing/replacement.
Retired FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2019, 07:05 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Solenoid location

To locate the solenoids on the 2006 38J, remove the top step and the panel behind the batteries. Incidentally, if you need the solenoid I purchased mine from a NAPA store. I took in the bad one and they crossed referenced it. Good luck
LeonardoBF is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, solenoid