Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-27-2018, 06:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

aux batteries

1999 Adventurer 35C slide will not go out. Makes no noise. Is there a fuse somewhere? Checked all 12v fuses under front speedometer/tach dash. The slide closed normally when we started home and hasn't worked since.

The engine battery is always low. I don't understand the 3 rocker switches on dash left of tach. Radio Power AUX Main is top switch

AUX MOM is second switch

third switch is AUX Batt off on

I sense they aren't being used properly and drain engine battery

Help
dlitchford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 06:04 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb

When your engine battery is dead (chassis battery) you press and hold aux mom which are your house batteries (coach batteries) and it ties them together as you turn the ignition key, you must hold the Aux mom rocker switch as you turn key, then when engine starts release both rocker switch and ignition key. Aux batt on/ off allows you to turn on stereo without turning on the ignition (usual used when parked and are listening to the radio). Hope this helps you out.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, got the radio one
got the mom one
now, what about the bottom switch that says aux Batt on/off and has a decal in it that says 12v disc you hear a thunk noise when you move switch
Old 05-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb

Can you take a picture and post so we can see what switches and markings look like. I thought that there was just 2 switches in question, now there's a third, a photo may help me to understand the 3rd switch.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb

Now that I read your first post again and without seeing the rockers we have figured out that the 1st rocker is for the radio power, main when engine is on and aux when parked, 2nd was the mom switch which is actually the momentary switch which you hold when turn the ignition key when you have a dead engine battery (chassis battery), and from what I read in the first post is aux battery on or off, that should be in the off position when the rv is being stored or not used, especially if it is not plugged in, perasetic drains will kill the coach battery/batteries. Even in my rv I have these same switches, by my door I have 2 rockers 1 turns off or on my chassis battery, the 2nd turns off or on my coach batteries, then on my dash I have a mom (momentary ) switch for when my engine battery is dead or to low to turn over engine, then a radio switch that I turn on when parked so I can listen to radio or tv in stereo. That should cover all the rockers.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:47 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Thanks for your help. I think I have it now. Born in Tonkawa raised in Tulsa
went to OU Sooner till I die. Stuck in SCarolina
Old 05-09-2018, 09:08 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

No problem, that why we all joined. To be able to help others or get help if needed. I also like to check out the different mods and share some of my own or help add to others. Great place to meet others as well.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:00 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I have another thread. Same 1999 35C. The slide worked fine and It doesn't do anything now. I retracted as we left the camp site , got home and the slide won't extend. No noise nothing. Found 3 fused, what appear to be some sort of solenoids, in front of the engine space. fuses appear okay. Hydraulic fluid fine.
Released all pressure and the slide moved about an inch on its own .Does nothing now. Read everything I can find. Out of ideas.
Old 05-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Lightbulb

Just to verify you don't have slide locks on the floor that latch the slide in closed position?
Old 05-10-2018, 11:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I do and they are unlatched.

Tags
batteries