Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-09-2021, 05:40 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Any advise?

We have a 2021 winnebago intent...its our 1st RV..couple of things the inverter keeps blowing fuse any suggestions for a good inverter?...plus my bluetooth doesnt work well with my phone (cant hear it)..plus the radio has a SMALL screen with no GPS any suggestions on what I can put in ? need a large screen so i can see while driving without putting my glasses on and crash lol

THANKS ALL
beep beep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:58 PM   #2

...you say you bought your RV new? ...From a dealer? ...What happened during the walk through delivery? Did the inverter work then?

It's also possible your inverter is not grounded well if it's one of these high frequency cheep-o's from China -- not to be confused with the more expense high frequency inverters also made in China.

What type of inverter are you using and what sort of failure sequences are you experiencing, or does the Inverter Circuit Breaker (30A) just trip when you turn the inverter on?

As for getting a GPS, I recommend 7" or bigger LCD. Buy one in your price range and get a dash mount type with a heavy base that will not move around.

You want your GPS as high as you can make it so you can keep your "Peripheral Eyes" on the road while you scan your GPS.

Do NOT get an all in one GPS Double Din that mixes a stereo function. That would be a huge mistake, because the buttons are too small and/or your concentration when using one of these will take your mind off the road... and you will drift into other lanes.

A lot of radios have crappy bluetooth connections. This could be due to alternator noise or they gave you a cheap radio from the factory. The same can be said for the microphone if one is installed for "handsfree" use.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 06:33 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

I agree with imnprsd about not getting the all-in-one GPS Double DIN stereo. Get a good GPS from a company that specializes in GPSs. I have a Garmin RV 780 that has favorable reviews. The RV models can be set to the size of your rig, etc. in order to help keep you out of trouble. No GPS is a substitute for common sense so don't follow it blindly.

Due to COVID, I have yet to give my Garmin a good workout but I own other Garmins and like them.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 02:32 PM   #4
Site Team

About the inverter, it shouldn't be blowing fuses. I think they are putting Magnum 1000w inverters in Intents. They are a great inverter. Plus they offer great service. Find your inverter model number and give Magnum-Dimensions a call.

T: 800-553-6418 or 651-653-7000 Option 2
or email: [email protected]

According to your Operator's Manual Section 6-2 on your 29L you'll find it located:

Model 29L - Located beneath dinette. Remove access cover in dinette seat.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 3.25.53 PM.png
Views:	45
Size:	186.5 KB
ID:	177687  
Old 03-10-2021, 02:37 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by beep beep View Post
We have a 2021 winnebago intent...its our 1st RV..couple of things the inverter keeps blowing fuse
Wait... when is it blowing a fuse? Running small things like TVs and DVDs? Or are you trying to run the microwave and or coffee maker or toaster oven?

Your 1000w Inverter cannot run the Microwave, a space heater, hair dryer, most coffee makers or toaster ovens. Attempting to run those things WILL blow the fuse because they all use more than 1000w of power to operate.

With a 1000w inverter that's the MAX you can get close to running. So, it's for things that use less than 900w of power. Such as your TVs, your phone chargers, a laptop charger, etc.
Old 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by beep beep View Post
We have a 2021 winnebago intent...its our 1st RV..couple of things the inverter keeps blowing fuse any suggestions for a good inverter?...plus my bluetooth doesnt work well with my phone (cant hear it)..plus the radio has a SMALL screen with no GPS any suggestions on what I can put in ? need a large screen so i can see while driving without putting my glasses on and crash lol

THANKS ALL
It may be that you are trying to draw too much on a circuit the investor is powering. We had a similar problem. Turns out not all the outlets are powered by the inverter. So we got some little round circle colored stickers. Then with the RV not plugged in, we test each outlet to see if there was power. Those with power meant they were powered off the inverter, so we put a red sticker on those outlets. The other outlets only work on shore power, so we put blue stickers on them. Now, when we are not plugged in, we are cautious to make sure we do not plug too many things simultaneously into the inverter powered outlets.
Magnum108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 08:56 PM   #7
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

beep beep,

Congrats on the new rig. Look up the thread "For all Intents and Purposes" on this forum. It's primarily conversations and topics between Intent owners. You'll see all sorts of modifications, upgrades, problem solving etc all specific to the Intent line.
Some pretty cool and brilliant mods on there.
For example on page #1314 YgoHome has just posted the installation of a new giant 10" Jensen touch screen panel to replace the OEM radio.

Enjoy the ride!
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:10 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

X2 on what Lowdie24 said.
Check out the Jensen CAR10 radio. Double din, works perfectly with the INTENT swivel mount. It doesn’t have built-in NAV, but it does work great with Apple CarPlay and Android. Giant buttons and very simple functions. Does have BT and a microphone, as well as several RCA’s for amps.

As for the inverter...does it actually blow a fuse, or trip it’s own breaker? My INTENT 26m has tripped the inverter several times if I forgot to turn it off BEFORE plugging in to shore or generator power.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:22 PM   #9
Happily Retired

Check inverter connection

I have a 2019 outlook with the same inverter. I was having problems with it intermittently throwing errors and quitting on me. Its location made it difficult for me to check anything but error codes. It was saying low voltage and a few other things that I don’t remember. When I took I to my local independent repair shop he found that the 12 volt cables were not tight. Voila - fixed. If you can reach your inverter easily try tightening the connections first.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:57 PM   #10
2019 Winnebago Sunstar 27

beep beep,

tjwoody makes a great point. Not trying to point out the obvious here, but....

Watts = E x I (Voltage x Current); so if you are drawing the max 1000 Watts your inverter is pushing out about 8.5 Amps at 115Vac, BUT you are drawing approximately 83 Amps out of your batteries!
If your supply lines between your batteries and your inverter are not both robust and very well connected you will generate a great deal of heat and very possibly create sparks.At the very least you will be creating huge current spikes which will undoubtedly pop any breakers and or fuses protecting the system.
Inverters are typically installed as close to the battery bank as feasibly possible - the longer the distance between the two, the greater the size cables you need.
Check your cables and connections; any doubt as to their size and ability to carry high amounts of sustained current upgrade them - you should be running welding cable size DC feedlines.
Lowdie24 is offline   Reply With Quote