Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Antenna

I have three antennae's on the roof of our motorhome 2 rubber ones and a Sirius satellite one. Now the salesman (stop Laughing) said one was for the am/fm and one was for a CB. The coach only has one am/fm radio< does anyone know what the 2nd one is for, and don't say a spare like my wife said.
13 Adventurer 37F
mike garry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

As rare as it might seem it appears that the salesman might actually be right. On my Phaeton the right side antenna is for the AM/FM radio and the left one is for a CB. The CB cable is probably coiled up under the dash or in the compartment above the driver.
Yea, I know; who would have thought that could actually happen.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:30 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I have 2 flexible stick antennae, one for the dash Jensen and one for an outdoor stereo/CD. Does your coach have an outdoor ent-center?
ghutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 07:36 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

The second am/fm rubber ducky antenna is for the radio in the outside entertainment center. It is usually located above it in the patio awning area.

The new coaches come prewired for CB but I am not sure if that still includes the antenna however the CB Antenna is pretty obvious if it is there.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a cb antenna also, no cb but the cable is under dash.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:49 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

I don't have an outside radio like I did in our 07 Sunova which surprised me, we do have an outside TV. I have had the dash off and found the power leads for the CB just not the antennae, I did look in the overheads and all the wires are accounted for-Satellite TV sys and the disk player.
13 Adventurer 37F
Old 12-19-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike garry View Post
I don't have an outside radio like I did in our 07 Sunova which surprised me, we do have an outside TV. I have had the dash off and found the power leads for the CB just not the antennae, I did look in the overheads and all the wires are accounted for-Satellite TV sys and the disk player.
Does your Outside TV have its own DVD Player? If it does then it includes a radio also. Mine has the removable faceplate, Jensen model.
Old 12-20-2013, 03:57 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

No DVD on the outside TV. Looks like a call to Winnebago is in order, I report back. Thanks to everyone for the help
13 Adventurer 37F
Old 12-20-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I have 3 radios and three antennas

radios in the front, bedroom and outside
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

According to Tommy at Winnie Service thru the engineer, the 2nd antennae on mine is associated with the home theatre system he said it has a tuner so I can play the radio thru the surround sound--does this make any sense to someone, I'll check it out when I get back to the motorhome. Thanks again for all your help. Merry Christmas
13 Adventurer 37F
Old 12-20-2013, 01:42 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike garry View Post
According to Tommy at Winnie Service thru the engineer, the 2nd antennae on mine is associated with the home theatre system he said it has a tuner so I can play the radio thru the surround sound--does this make any sense to someone, I'll check it out when I get back to the motorhome. Thanks again for all your help. Merry Christmas
The Winnebago service guy is correct. We have the same setup in our 2013 Adventurer 32H. The DVD player also has an AM/FM tuner that plays through the sound system. We didn't know we had that feature until we made the mistake of turning the radio portion of the system. It's covered on pages 8-2 and 8-3 of the owners manual.

The manual isn't very intuitive. The only way to fully understand it is to consume 5 martini's. Then go outside and dance counter clockwise around the coach on your left foot only while reading the manual and continually chanting O WA TA FOO LIAM. As you round the coach the second time keep increasing the speed of the chant until all present can understand it clearly. It's best done under a full moon in the presence of good friends and family.

Hope this helps, I know when I tried it everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves.

There is no CB antenna installed from the factory. The CB "hookup" consists of a positive and negative wire located below the dash. It's covered on page 3-11 of the owners manual.
Old 12-20-2013, 04:52 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Hiker D--- Thanks == we used the same method to understand the auto generator feature, made it to martini 3 and then really didn't care! but we will keep plugging away. Thanks again for everyone's help- Merry Christmas and safe travels
13 Adventurer 37F

Tags
antenna