Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-21-2017, 03:39 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I have been searching without any luck. I had to have some other work done so I asked the Motorhome repair place if they could find a replacement amber lens. They were unable to locate any either. To make the front look decent they replaced the three center amber lights with some similar to the originals and used one of the center lenses to replace the missing one. I'm going to hang on to the last two from the old center lights just in case I loose more.

The new lights were only $4 each and were easy to replace. The difference is not really noticeable.
Old 04-21-2017, 05:21 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finally Time View Post
I have been searching without any luck. I had to have some other work done so I asked the Motorhome repair place if they could find a replacement amber lens. They were unable to locate any either. To make the front look decent they replaced the three center amber lights with some similar to the originals and used one of the center lenses to replace the missing one. I'm going to hang on to the last two from the old center lights just in case I loose more.

The new lights were only $4 each and were easy to replace. The difference is not really noticeable.
What did you use for lights ? Brand and part number .... Please.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:31 PM   #23
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
Sorry to resurrect this thread but I'm giving this one last shot. I have scoured the internet for an amber lens replacement (Glo Brite 122Y) with zero luck.

Has anyone at all found a source for these lens ? The red ones seem to still be available but amber, for some reason, is not.
In post number 19, I mentioned

Blake Sales, Inc.
3628 S. Blake Street
Chicago, Illinois

...a company that I have used twice to replace marker lights on my motorhome and my father-in-laws, with great success. Their old pdf catalog link that I provided states:

122R-55 / 122Y-55

DESCRIPTION
Oval Marker lamp with reflex • 2-wire
Flush mount

PART NUMBERS
122R-55 Red lamp
122Y-55 Yellow lamp

REPLACEMENT PARTS
122Y Yellow lens • 122R Red lens • 193 Bulb • 122X-AC Body
2.9” Mounting Hole Centers

Since I don't know what your marker light looks like, I have to ask if this is the same 122Y. If so, you might try calling Blake Sales, Inc. direct and see if they still have a few left in stock. I tried calling Glo-Brite and the one phone number I found was disconnected. Guess I better try to stock up on the rear and side lights for my model at Blake Sales... -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #24
Winnebago Camper

This is the shape of my lights.

122R-55-88 - Clearance, Marker & ID lights Heavy Duty / Commercial Vehicles

Old 04-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #25
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSC9901 View Post
That's what I was coming up with too. Looks like Glo-Brite is gone and I came up empty at every web site I found on Google that claimed they had that part. I called Blake Sales too but they were already closed due to the time difference from California. I'd be calling them Monday, first-thing to see if they can help. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:04 AM   #26
Winnebago Camper

I had the same problem but I had the same light as side marker lights. Took the lens off the side and then replaced the side marker with a common brand. Once I installed the marker lens on the top front of the coach, I put silicone to keep all the lenses in place.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:10 AM   #27
Winnebago Watcher

Clearance Lights

You might try Winnebago as many of their lights are proprietary as are many other items.
POLAR EXPRESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:04 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

What did you use for lights ? Brand and part number .... Please.

I just checked my receipt, it doesn't say what lights were used, just "similar to originals." The new ones are more rectangular with rounded corners, but since there are three the same in the middle, it's not really noticeable.
Old 04-23-2017, 04:20 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Our Adventurer uses the same lights. Glo Brite 122 series. Y for yellow and R for Red. I had a front clearance (yellow) lens that was missing about half. In March 2017 I spent about 2 weeks looking for the 122Y with no luck. I checked a dozen different Winnebago dealerships here locally and a few near where my motorhome is stored. I could not locate anything.

I called Blake Sales, talked to Brian I think it was, maybe it was Blane, I forget. He told me they sold their last 122Y sometime last Fall, around October 2016. He said it was his last one and it went to an individual so it's not like someone came in and bought everything he had in stock. There are no more. The guy at Blake Sales told me about GloBrite. They were just down the road from his shop. GloBrite went out of business during the big downturn in the economy. They got stiffed by several of the big motorhome manufacturers who didn't pay their suppliers when they went under. A few years ago there was a big auction and most everything at GloBrite was sold off. One thing that no one bought were the dies for casting the lenses. No one wanted them so they went to recycle and were destroyed.

Ok, now for my solution. I'm sure to get flamed but so be it. I bought four 122R lenses from Blake Sales. They were $2.50 each. I took the two 122Y lenses from the sides of my coach and replaced the with 122R's. I replaced the broken 122Y on the front of my coach and I have one spare 122Y. While I was up on the front of the coach I popped the lens off each marker light and put a little dab of silicone on each end to "glue" it into place. What happens with this type of marker is if it gets hit by a small rock or bird or tree limb it will crack. Once cracked it will no longer stay clicked into place on the base. On my coach the overhead clearance lights are "frenched" into the front and rear caps. There is no replacing the light with something similar without major work that will look like He!!.

If I get hassled by the HWY Patrol because of my red side marker lights I will just replace the side marker lens and base with something that is easy to find.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaputnick View Post
I had the same problem but I had the same light as side marker lights. Took the lens off the side and then replaced the side marker with a common brand. Once I installed the marker lens on the top front of the coach, I put silicone to keep all the lenses in place.
Yep, same with me. Worked perfect. I'll bet money no one (no one of authority) will ever notice my side markers are Red.
AKIQPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:11 PM   #31
Winnebago Camper

Making the sides red is an option I am considering. I do have one other plan that I will try and I'll try to document it with photos if I can remember to do it. My thought is to take an amber lens purchased from a store and attempt to make a piece that will fit in the place of the missing piece. On the broken one I will file down all the rough edges and try and make the needed piece as squared up as possible. I'll then cut a piece out of the new lens, shape it and then glue it in place.

Now if I can make all that happen I'll be a happy camper. If not, I'll be running red side markers.

Tags
light