Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2021, 11:40 AM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
With that I can pick up the BT signal a two in my coach.
a two? That darn spell checker at it again?
AJMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:20 PM   #42
Winnebago Owner

Buy a MPPT Controller

Please do your research on controllers and if you go with the LiFeP04 batteries, you are going to want and need a MPPT controller that is programmable for the batteries you are using. A PWM controller will charge them, but not as efficiently. When I installed my system 3 years ago, I used a PWM and consequently wound up upgrading.
jimkamery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 04:55 PM   #43
Boondocker

Here's an example for you, might help you understand the basics of a solar setup. I did this at home for under $1000-
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...albums209.html
Four Seasons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 05:07 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkamery View Post
Please do your research on controllers and if you go with the LiFeP04 batteries, you are going to want and need a MPPT controller that is programmable for the batteries you are using. A PWM controller will charge them, but not as efficiently.
Seconding your motion,
Additionally, a good mppt doesn’t cost much more than a good pwm. Plus mppt allows you to wire panels in serial without ratcheting up the cost, or buying a second cc. Serial also allows you to park portable panels 30ft away, oriented in sunlight, from the coach. Not possible with any but the most expensive pwm. For $120, you can buy a Victron Bluetooth 75/15 mppt capable of supporting over 400w of solar. (2 pairs of serial 100w panels). In the end, the mppt will outperform the pwm because it can efficiently convert higher voltages to charging power.

Tags
solar