Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 02-22-2020, 07:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

97 34RQ no coach 12v without shore power - normal plugged in

It's a new to me RV. Just came back from 3 weeks, mostly in an SKP rv park. I unplugged to go home and found everything dead while on the road, i.e. no frig, no lights, no water pump, no indications on system monitor, etc.. I had boondocked the first night at the park and all was OK. Is there a fuse somewhere keeping a relay de-energized to prevent the batteries from connecting to the system? I have the wiring diagrams, and I see the battery connects to a relay, but I can't see where the converter interties.
Anyone with a clue?
Thanks,
Roland Hyatt
1997 Adverturer 34RQ
wrhjr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Solved my own problem

For anyone else:

There is a 40 amp breaker in the feed line from the batteries. It is located under the instrument pod at the driver;s station. Lift up the pod and support it - mine - at least - had no support such, as like a hood support. On the left side are 2 fuse "blocks". One is for chassis (automotive) fuses and the other for coach fuses, like the entry step and others. Just to the right of those coach fuses was the little 40 amp - resettable breaker. Mine was popped. Pushed it down - good - it didn't pop again.

Problem probably solved!

Roland Hyatt
1997 Adventurer 34RQ
wrhjr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 07:09 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sounds like you've solved the problem---for now! So a hint on something that may be helpful?
I have had lots of different RV and each has differing when I spot something that might help search out a problem., locations for all those fuses and breakers, which can really mess up a trip if it blows on leaving home. So I try to head off the gremlins now by looking through all the online diagrams and info the Winn puts online and then when I spot something that seems like it might help solve a problem, I copy that drawing/info to a file on the computer and some I print off and file in the RV.
I find it super helpful, first as a way to get to know the new to me Rv, and second it's much easier to look brilliant when at a campground and just look at the info to solve my problems.
Doesn't mean I don't still have problems but it sure does make it less stress!
Glad to see you found the current solution but I like to think of the next time.
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/owner-tools/service
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
power, shore power