Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2022, 07:47 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2022 View Solar Controller questions .....

We purchased a new View a few weeks ago, and the ZAMP solar controller has me confused. It is only showing ONE battery, and I obviously have TWO. What am I missing here? Instructions leave a lot to be desired.......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1470 2.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	206.2 KB
ID:	184435  
Stevie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 09:43 PM   #2
Site Team

I think you’re misreading the display. What you are seeing is the battery bank voltage, charging status and the charge level of both batteries - which is indicating about 3/4 charged.

What part are you seeing that is indicating the number of batteries?

Wait… I see that “BT1”. When I had this controller that was not a part of the display. But I don’t know how that controller would even know how many batteries you have. It’s wired to the bank, not to each battery.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
It’s wired to the bank, not to each battery.
Thank you. I suspected that might be the case, just wanted someone to confirm it for me.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:26 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Battery controller

Just a quick FYI. When I got my Zamp controller on my Travato I didn’t check the “battery type setting” and it had been preset wrong from the factory. If you have AGM batteries be sure it is set for that type. If another type just be sure of correct setting. Zamp is a very good controller. Enjoy. Travato John
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 07:52 PM   #5
bkg
Winnebago Owner

Get the temperature sensor

I suggest getting the Zamp temperature sensor so that the battery temp can be compensated when solar charging. This past June temps got over 100 degrees in my area, I didn't consider the battery temperature and solar charging and my converter charger was turned off. I happened to inspect the water level of my batteries to discover water was quite low and the battery distorted on the top. Long story short, the high heat drops battery voltage, the solar ramps up to get the voltage back up. My batteries were fully charged but the voltage was down some due to the ambient temps.
My 2 year old 6 volt batteries have been damaged and I had to pull them.

Most Zamp solar controllers can be wired for their temperature sensor.

And yes, the display represents the battery bank, not battery count even though your controller model is built for just one battery bank.

I attached the owners manual for your reference.

Lesson learned.

Bobby
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ZS-30A User Manual.pdf (1.91 MB, 18 views)
Old 10-24-2022, 09:45 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Bobby, thanks for the info.

Tags
solar, view