Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-20-2021, 10:55 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2022 Minnie Winnie 25B inverter supports what?

Hello board.

During the walk-thru of our 25B last week the tech said to turn on the inverter so the 2 way fridge would run on electric while driving. I thought that would be great! Well, I checked the fridge while disconnected from shore power and engine running, and the status showed it was on auto and propane. Does anyone know what the 1000W inverter supports when turned on with the Minnie Winnie? Thanks in advance for any input. I didn’t find any simple description in the owners manuals.

Thanks. Steve
Stevel720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:12 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Looking at the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation/Diagram and 110 Volt Load Center/Auto Transfer Switch diagram for your coach it appears that the inverter only powers the outlets on the RECPTS 2 circuit which is used primarily for the A/V equipment. The fridge is NOT on the inverter.

Btw, here are all of the Wiring Diagrams Winnebago provides for your coach.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you Chris.

I’ve looked at those diagrams but didn’t really know what to look for. It also looks like the receptacles over the dinette and next to the couch might also be on that same circuit. I guess this means we only need to turn on the inverter to watch tv or operate 110 things off the batteries when not on shore power. I assume the house batteries will still be charged by the alternator without the inverter being on? We just downsized from a 2016 Tiffin motorhome where everything was more automatic. So much to learn. But we’re so happy we don’t have to worry about slides and steps not working. Lol

Thanks again.
Steve
Old 06-20-2021, 12:24 PM   #4
Site Team

Hi Steve,
On my Minnie Winnie 22M, the 1,000 watt inverter powers the two overhead outlets powering the two TVs & DVD, and also a third outlet down-low, next to the slide-out Queen berth. In this way, you have power for both that bed, and the forward over-cab bed. Some folks like to charge cell phones or run CPAP machines at night, and the inverter is well-suited to that task.
The Minnie Winnies use a fridge that has only two-way power, as the 12 VDC mode in three-way fridges doesn't produce enough heat energy to run the refrigeration cycle at optimal capacity. Since it uses so little propane, it is just fine as-is and is fairly reliable too.
Thanks, Eagle5
Old 06-20-2021, 12:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Eagle5!
Old 06-20-2021, 01:24 PM   #6
RVCalypso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevel720 View Post
But we’re so happy we don’t have to worry about slides and steps not working. Lol

Thanks again.
Steve
I couldn't agree more. We downsized a few years ago to a 25B and could not be happier. We upgraded to lithium batteries and solar so power management is not too much of a problem.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 02:01 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Thank Gurroz.

That’s good yo hear. We are trying to get a date lined up next year to have that upgrade done. My first thought when I saw the layout on the 25B was the space under the dinette seat by the steps would be the perfect place for a few batteries. Mind if I ask where your batteries and other equipment was installed, and how much solar went on your roof?

Thanks! Steve
Old 06-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Eagle, thanks so much for that info. Our walk thru tech didn’t know what outlets the inverter ran either. Of course I found out there aren’t many outlets in our 22M to begin with. I wish I had a couple more, especially in the kitchen area.
Raxel7851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

Quote:
I’ve looked at those diagrams but didn’t really know what to look for. ...
Just fyi, take a look at the last page of the Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation/Diagram. Everything to the right of the 'INVERTER TRANSFER SWITCH' is on the inverter.

Also just fyi, it looks like you have 1 GFCI outlet in the bathroom which protects that outlet and also the outlets downstream of it in the galley and outside.

The inverter in your coach does not have any 'charger' component, it just converts 12V DC to 120V AC. If the inverter is turned off the inverter transfer switch should allow shore or generator power through to the outlets connected to the inverter. (I presume that you've also figured out that your coach doesn't have an automatic main transfer switch, so you need to manually plug the external shore power cord into the generator-powered outlet in the power cord bay to use the generator.)

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 03:51 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Thanks cbeierl. I’ll have to use a tester to see which outlets are hot when disconnected from shore power and inverter on. The tech did go over the reset in the bathroom and having to plug the power cord into the generator before starting. But I’m sure I’ll start the generator a few times before I remember that. Lol. Thanks so much for your input. It helps a lot.

Steve
Old 06-27-2021, 07:47 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

2019 25B here. Our inverter powers outlets over the; dining table, at the head of the bed, at the foot of the bed for a TV and in the cabover bed for the TV. Be sure to check what you have for batteries. Unknown to us at delivery W had installed 2 Napa brand 60ah dual purpose batteries. We cussed and sweared our way thru a year with them until we had finally had enough and replaced them.
paof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 10:58 PM   #12
RVCalypso

Quote:
Thank Gurroz.

That’s good yo hear. We are trying to get a date lined up next year to have that upgrade done. My first thought when I saw the layout on the 25B was the space under the dinette seat by the steps would be the perfect place for a few batteries. Mind if I ask where your batteries and other equipment was installed, and how much solar went on your roof?

Thanks! Steve
We are minimalists in our needs. The battery box under the steps only allows for two group 27 batteries (75AH each.) With lead acid batteries you should only drain them down 50% so, two 75AH equals 75AH of usage. We put in one 150AH lithium battery under the step which doubles our capacity. In addition, we carry a 500W, 50AH Bluetti power station which we use for charging electronic devices and powering the TV. We use a portable 200W Renogy solar suitcase to charge the RV battery and a 120W portable solar panel to charge the Bluetti when needed. We like to park in the shade and place the panels out in the sun. the panels can be rotated throughout the the day to chase the sun.
gurroz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 04:52 AM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Inverter

A 1000 watt inverter likely CANNOT operate " ANY " refrigerator compressor , no matter how small or efficient it CLAIMS to be.

The STARTUP cycle for a compressor is 2-3 times the draw of the normal OPERATING draw of electric/power.

The salesman was wrong , maybe thru lack of knowledge ... maybe to make the sale.

IF .. it is an ammonia system..... PERHAPS .... but those are not a desirable system for an RV.

Mary Jo
Rich01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
inverter