Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-15-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2021 Micro Minnie 2108TB No lights on battery

2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108TB

I recently purchased a new 2021 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108TB. As I'm learning to use it, there is one issue that I have not been able to figure out. When the camper is on battery only, the lights don't work (neither does the awning retractor). However, other elements do work, like the stabilizers and dinette slide-out. When I plug the camper into shore power, the lights work.

Has anyone else experienced this? I have checked all the fuses and breakers and everything looks good. My only guess is that the wiring is incorrect or there is a switch somewhere that would allow the lights to be on battery?

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
GKCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 11:07 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Have you read your owner's manual to see if there's a switch?
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2021, 01:49 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Yes, I've read the owners manual. Multiple times.
Old 08-15-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Do you have a battery disconnect switch? If so, See in your manual where it’s located.
Old 08-15-2021, 04:05 PM   #5
Site Team

When not on shore power: besides the lights, how about the radio? The water pump? If the TV is 12v (some are and some aren't) does the TV work? How about a vent fan? Does it work?

I would think the slide, awning and power jack could be powered by the battery separate of the smaller DC powered loads.

This trailer may have a rotary disconnect switch in the forward compartment just behind the battery. For sure it has a resettable master fuse - I "think" it is under the forward compartment.

Unfortunately, travel trailers come with almost no owner's manual and owners are at the mercy of the delivering dealer to explain and check out all systems.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:17 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Thank Wyatt. I'll look for a battery disconnect switch. I've looked a bit and read the manual a few times but I'll keep looking.
Old 08-15-2021, 07:33 PM   #7
Winnebago Watcher

Creativepart - I think you may be on to it. I do have what appears to be a rotary switch in the forward compartment. I've read the owners manual (and the many appliance/equipment pamphlets) front to back a couple times and there is no mention of this device. I'll check that out. Thanks.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:27 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Micro mini are wired so the slide, and jack bypass the disconnect switch. If you have power stabilizers, it’s likely that they also bypass the disconnect. Phantom loads also bypass the switch and are always on. The trailer was engineered this way so you’d always have power to critical 12v loads regardless of the position of the disconnect. I frequently forgot to re-engage the disconnect, so I retired so everything goes through the disconnect.
Old 08-22-2021, 06:36 PM   #9
Micro Mini 2108TB

Yes!!!!!, for once I have the answer; this instead of asking questions. Therefore, do the steps that follow, but don't ask me to explain the logic.
Step 1: Connect and turn on the mains power (110 V).
Step 2: Turn the battery disconnect switch to its 12 o'clock position. This is located on the inside of the outside wall, which is inside of the left front storage door.
Step 3: Turn on the inverter switch. This is located inside the door on your right side at the foot of the right twin bed.
Step 4: Switch on the power to the awning. This is located inside the panel to the left of the door.
Step 5 and 6: Open and close the awning. Switch on the lights.
Now if you figure out how to switch on the TV, please let me know? I can get the radio to work, but that is it.
Good luck!
Senecio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2021, 06:03 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senecio View Post
Now if you figure out how to switch on the TV, please let me know? I can get the radio to work, but that is it.
Good luck!
If you have a 110v TV, I should be plugged into the outlet under the cabinet above the tv. If it’s plugged in and doesn’t work, check to see if you have power to your other 110v outlets. If not, it may be the gfci has tripped. Reset it and try tv again. Check the breaker panel to ensure all breakers are closed. If other outlets are working, test the tv outlet with a multimeter to see if there is power. If no, you’ve got a problem with that outlet. If yes, you have a problem with your tv.
Old 08-23-2021, 07:55 PM   #11
Micro Mini 2108TB

Hi Marine 359,

I shall be following your advice when I next go to the trailer; this in about three weeks. Do you happen to know where the GFI is located on a Micro Mini 2108TB? I have checked all breakers, but have not tested outlets. Thus a chance to use my antique multimeter. I can turn on the radio, which possibly uses the same outlet as the TV, or not?
Old 08-23-2021, 08:42 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

Also note

One more thing that might be confusing . Not sure if it’s all Micro Minnie’s, mine is a 2018 FSB 2106. The first overhead light when you enter thru the door is double switched... one is the black switch in the panel ( next to outside canopy lights) and the other is on the light like all the others.... but not so obviously if the black switch is off it will not come one with the switch on the light itself.... same thin with the light over the bathroom sink and the black switch on the front of the vanity.... makes sense and is convenient once you know. Don’t even ask about the mysteries of the multi speed fan ( not the bathroom one) I did get a good piece of advice from a u tube.... turn it on with the small on off toggle and then control it only with the speed dial (0,1,2,3) look for the impossible to see red light to make sure it is off when u do not want it on standby! Cheers
TerryMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2021, 02:20 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

Senor Senecio,
I am old and not as sharp as I might have been 10 years ago. I couldn’t find my gfci because Winnebago used a brown out with a brown gfci button. Hard for an old dude like me to find it. But it’s right there as you walk in the door on the left. Right over the fire extinguisher
Old 08-27-2021, 08:25 PM   #14
Micro Mini 2108TB

Ah! Mr. Marine, thankee kindly sir. How come I have never noticed it, or the fire extinguisher? I must also be over the hill. A problem when you are not the first owner of the unit; even though it is a 2020 model. But, I shall put my specs on next time I go into the trailer.

Tags
light, lights, battery