Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-20-2021, 06:54 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2020 View Leveling system battery drain

I have a 2020 View and it came with the factory installed Equalizer Systems auto leveling system. For storage I pulled the chassis battery disconnect and the key fob fuse. With the chassis battery disconnected and the coach battery switch in the off position, the leveling system control panel still has power. Also there is a faint pulsing light coming from the leveling system panel even when it is powered off (you can see it in the dark or if you cup your hands around it). I pulled every fuse one by one on the driver's side to see if one of them went to the leveling system and no luck. By disconnecting the chassis battery and pulling the key fob fuse I am trying to eliminate parasitic drain on the chassis battery while it is in storage. I am suspicious that the leveling system is wired directly to the chassis battery and can not figure out how to turn it off, the constantly blinking light wouldn't draw much power, but over months of storage it could be significant.

Has anyone else noticed this or have any ideas about it?

Thanks.
banjobiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:45 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Where is the chassis battery ? If it is easy to access, I normally just add a simple cutoff switch to the start battery as a "one-stop " place to avoid pulling fuses.

Adding one of these to the negative side is one sure way to get it all cutoff in one easy move. This type is one I've used and like:
https://www.autozone.com/batteries-s...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Easy to find something like it most anywhere?
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 07:54 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I didn't get my leveling jacks pre-installed from the factory, so your set up might be different, but Equalizer systems are typically powered from the coach batteries not the chassis battery.

HWH systems are wired directly to the chassis battery but both Bigfoot and Equalizer jacks are meant to be hooked up to the coach batteries.

Also for off season storage do you keep the rig indoors or out? On the 2020 View I haven't had any Winter battery drain issues. The 200 watts of solar keep the house battery bank fully charged and I added a Trik-L-Start to maintain the chassis battery.
Old 10-19-2021, 02:54 PM   #4
HHR
Winnebago Watcher

On the Equalizer System I recently installed, the hydraulic unit is connected to the coach battery, with a fuse in the red positive wire that goes to the control panel. The fuse is about a foot from the lug that attaches to the hydraulic unit, under the coach.

You could pull that fuse.
HHR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, leveling, view