Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2016 ... where is everybody?

Not much chatter about new coaches purchased in 2016 .. is it:

a) Not a lot of problems to report, out enjoying my new coach
b) Winnebago just didn't sell many
c) Other

bkervaski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 11:25 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sometimes there's just a lull in the conversation.
Old 06-25-2016, 12:36 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

2016 vista lx 27 n. love it a few minor issues, slide seals on main slide were damaged, not sure how but easy fix for the dealer. making them replace bedroom tv it has a bad pixel. new passenger seat vinyl had small tear went on first 200 mile round trip to grand coulee dam rain, wind , oh my drove like a dream no problems camping at banks lake in electric city everything worked .dam solid coach.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	winne 1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	114.6 KB
ID:	131122  
1badhemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:24 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I posted in another thread (2016 Grand Tour Road trip), and we are at the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort, and loving the coach. It is great to drive, and wonderful to live in. Yes, we had a few issues, but in comparison, we are thrilled.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 07:25 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I posted in another thread (2016 Grand Tour Road trip), and we are at the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort, and loving the coach (2016 QL). It is great to drive, and wonderful to live in. Yes, we had a few issues, but in comparison, we are thrilled.
soricobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

We bought our 2016 Vista LX 35F a month ago. Pretty much no issues so far. This is an awesome machine! I think the quality may be contributing to the lack of posts about them.
bodycoach2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 01:39 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Meridan 38P

We picked up our new coach in March. In May we started our trip going from Atlanta to Brunswick Ga then making stops at Skidaway Island, Hunting Island, Charleston , Emerald Isle NC, Cape Hatteras,Suffolk Va, Fredericksburg Va and are now visiting family in Balto.
So far we have been in direct paths of two tropical depressions, had a log fall on the coach with a limb piercing the roof, then someone side swiped our toad while turning his rig without leaving enough room.
Good news is we fixed the roof, car has been repaired we don't have any leaks after almost 20 inches of rain and we are still loving this life. Going home for some time with family then off to Iowa for GNR then to Montana, Washington, Oregon and Ca.
Old 06-25-2016, 05:15 PM   #8
Winnie-Wise

Hey Zeeks
Keep on keeping on and having fun.
ChasA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Just purchased a 2016 Vista LX 30T last week. I know it is a very short period of time but we are extremely happy with it. We previously had a 2014 Thor ACE 29.2. Talk about a HUGE difference !!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting Winnebago owners and sharing experiences!
JoeLui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Guess I should change my picture . . .
Old 07-05-2016, 10:42 AM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeLui View Post
Just purchased a 2016 Vista LX 30T last week. I know it is a very short period of time but we are extremely happy with it. We previously had a 2014 Thor ACE 29.2. Talk about a HUGE difference !!!!!!!!! Looking forward to meeting Winnebago owners and sharing experiences!
What's the huge difference? They are about the same size right? We liked a 2016 30T a man is selling near us, garaged, painted and in great shape. The guy can fix anything, even has a lift!
thebignewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 12:34 PM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeks House View Post
We picked up our new coach in March. In May we started our trip going from Atlanta to Brunswick Ga then making stops at Skidaway Island, Hunting Island, Charleston , Emerald Isle NC, Cape Hatteras,Suffolk Va, Fredericksburg Va and are now visiting family in Balto.
So far we have been in direct paths of two tropical depressions, had a log fall on the coach with a limb piercing the roof, then someone side swiped our toad while turning his rig without leaving enough room.
Good news is we fixed the roof, car has been repaired we don't have any leaks after almost 20 inches of rain and we are still loving this life. Going home for some time with family then off to Iowa for GNR then to Montana, Washington, Oregon and Ca.
Hey Zeek... ditto on the 38P. We're part of the very small 38P Winny group! Hope you like yours as much as we like ours

cheers,
Joopy
Jupiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 01:57 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

There is a Huge difference in the quality, materials, workmanship, space allocation among other things.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:04 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Joopy, where are you located? Maybe we will cross paths. Would love to meet some other 38 P's.
Old 07-06-2016, 09:15 AM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeks House View Post
Joopy, where are you located? Maybe we will cross paths. Would love to meet some other 38 P's.
Hi Zeek,
We're in PA but we get around. What feature(s) attracted you to the 38P?

cheers,
Joopy
Old 07-08-2016, 09:13 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

38p

We are based in Marietta, Ga. We are heading to GNR next week, are you going?
We love the kitchen layout, the reclining sofa and the end tables in our 38p.
Old 07-08-2016, 06:55 PM   #17
Winnebago Owner

No, we're not going t make the GNR this year. Ditto on those features plus the nice bedroom / bathroom layout. Enjoy the GNR trip. We're planning to travel through Iowa later this year.

cheers,
Joopy
Old 07-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

Hello.

We purchased our 2016 Sightseer 33C August 29th 2015.

We have been plagued with mostly minor issues. The delivery driver hit something cracking the front fiberglass shell.

One of my engine compartment locks failed in the locked position. I had to squeeze between the radiator and fiberglass shell and remove the nuts on the inside. Dealer ordered wrong replacement. I started our trip unable to check engine without great effort. Finally dealer mailed correct part and I installed it.

XM radio antenna did not make good connection. On rough roads the screen would cycle from error screen to rear view camera. Very distracting. I tie wrapped the antenna in place.

The line out of the ice maker filter was not secured properly and falls out and floods inside of coach. GNR fix.

Shower access panel to shower in bedroom had double starts for every fastener in panel.

The shower drain plumbing was at an angle breaking connection to shower drain flooding coach.

Coax TV cable is damaged. I replaced both terminal ends and picture on TV'S still very fuzzy. GNR fix.

I can see light around our entry door when the door is closed. Depending upon how the auto level levels the coach the door can be difficult to open and close. Once I leveled from outside and the jack control panel wanted me to acknowledge that it failed. The door was jammed and I could not enter coach. Luckily I didn't lock the drivers window. GNR fix.

After traveling on a rough road , at a rest stop, one of the window valance/shade assembly fell off the wall and onto the table. GNR fix.

I started a thread about the P0300 engine code, Random Misfires. At first I would get an engine warning lights about every 400 miles. Later on the lights were over 1000 miles between occurrences. I finally got a programming update in Virginia. My count remains at seven engine lights.

Also I had the ABS brake light issue. I had three occurrences of this issue. My computer was updated at same time as fault listed above.

This is not a complete list but a list of the more annoying items.

We departed Washington State in May traveling south. Our first start ended in Northern California when the shower drain failed and we returned to our dealer for repairs.

We departed a second time a few weeks later. We headed south through California and then east from Southern California. We made our way across the states to Florida. From Florida we head north and visited relatives in Virginia and West Virginia. We headed west after reaching Lake Erie.

We are currently in Waterloo, Iowa. We will leave here on Sunday for Forest City and the GNR.

We drove out toad to Forest City today and I registered for service during the GNR. I'm number 61 for service.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 09:13 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowboat View Post
Hello.

We purchased our 2016 Sightseer 33C August 29th 2015.

We have been plagued with mostly minor issues. The delivery driver hit something cracking the front fiberglass shell.

One of my engine compartment locks failed in the locked position. I had to squeeze between the radiator and fiberglass shell and remove the nuts on the inside. Dealer ordered wrong replacement. I started our trip unable to check engine without great effort. Finally dealer mailed correct part and I installed it.

XM radio antenna did not make good connection. On rough roads the screen would cycle from error screen to rear view camera. Very distracting. I tie wrapped the antenna in place.

The line out of the ice maker filter was not secured properly and falls out and floods inside of coach. GNR fix.

Shower access panel to shower in bedroom had double starts for every fastener in panel.

The shower drain plumbing was at an angle breaking connection to shower drain flooding coach.

Coax TV cable is damaged. I replaced both terminal ends and picture on TV'S still very fuzzy. GNR fix.

I can see light around our entry door when the door is closed. Depending upon how the auto level levels the coach the door can be difficult to open and close. Once I leveled from outside and the jack control panel wanted me to acknowledge that it failed. The door was jammed and I could not enter coach. Luckily I didn't lock the drivers window. GNR fix.

After traveling on a rough road , at a rest stop, one of the window valance/shade assembly fell off the wall and onto the table. GNR fix.

I started a thread about the P0300 engine code, Random Misfires. At first I would get an engine warning lights about every 400 miles. Later on the lights were over 1000 miles between occurrences. I finally got a programming update in Virginia. My count remains at seven engine lights.

Also I had the ABS brake light issue. I had three occurrences of this issue. My computer was updated at same time as fault listed above.

This is not a complete list but a list of the more annoying items.

We departed Washington State in May traveling south. Our first start ended in Northern California when the shower drain failed and we returned to our dealer for repairs.

We departed a second time a few weeks later. We headed south through California and then east from Southern California. We made our way across the states to Florida. From Florida we head north and visited relatives in Virginia and West Virginia. We headed west after reaching Lake Erie.

We are currently in Waterloo, Iowa. We will leave here on Sunday for Forest City and the GNR.

We drove out toad to Forest City today and I registered for service during the GNR. I'm number 61 for service.

Safe travels. JD
Glad you're getting "fixes" for your problems at GNR. We had our coach since September and still have a few outstanding issues to repair. So many of the problems are simply related to poor workmanship and could have (should have) been avoided. Without getting into our long punch list, we also had workmanship issues such as no gasket for the toilet floor flange (talk about flooding the basement); no piping at all to the ice maker; no closet rod, and so on.
Based on experiences from others with new coaches (any brand) I figured it would take a good year to find most problems and have them resolved. Best you can hope for is to have no major problems.
We had to do the very same fix for the XM antenna. Very difficult to get to ours

Have a great time at GNR and enjoy the new coach!

cheers,
Joopy
Old 07-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

XM Fix

For those who have a 2016 Sightseer I removed the heater vents and then disconnected the ducting alowing me access to wires behind the XM radio. Feel around and locate the box that the XM antenna plugs into. The rectangle box is about 1 inch wide, 1/2 inch thick, and about 2 inches long. I secured the XM antenna with a tie wrap. I haven't had a problem since.

Safe travels. JD
Yellowboat is offline   Reply With Quote