Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2020, 08:30 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 Winnebago Trend 23L Battery Replacement

I need to replace the battery in my 2015 Winnebago Trend 23L. I currently have only one battery and would like to add a second. Can anyone recommend a reliable, long lasting coach battery of such a size that I could fit two in the coach battery compartment? I have not been able to find specs for the original battery or the compartment.
FNAFGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 08:55 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I'm not sure I understand the problem on sizing. I would look at measuring the battery and the compartment instead of looking for specs on each. So I'm missing something?
But I would not expect to be able to put two batteries in a space where on normally goes, so an alternate location would seem likely to me.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 09:40 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Sometimes (not always) you can squeeze two 6V deep cycle golf car batteries into the battery bay to replace a single 12V battery, but definitely measure the actual battery bay before you buy anything.
Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 01:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
I'm not sure I understand the problem on sizing. I would look at measuring the battery and the compartment instead of looking for specs on each. So I'm missing something?
But I would not expect to be able to put two batteries in a space where on normally goes, so an alternate location would seem likely to me.
The owners manual says that the coach battery compartment can accommodate two batteries (but not what size batteries). I have not been able to find documentation on the size of the battery compartment, or the original battery. To measure either I would have to open the compartment from underneath the RV. I hoped someone else might have already got the dimensions without me having to get up under my RV in the current 96 degree heat.
FNAFGG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, battery, replace, replacement, winnebago