Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 03-20-2021, 08:45 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

2015 View V lounge receptacle 95v

When on 110 the receptacle in the lounge reads 95v.. Checking from hot to neutral. 120v from hot to ground. 26v checking from neutral to ground.
azkroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 10:34 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Since neutral and ground should be the same, I would check for loose/corroded connections on the neutral.
Most systems use a "multi-grounded neutral" in the US, so they are connected together in multiple places.
You might want to check at the plug to see the neutral is not funky at that point if you are at a campsite.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 12:57 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Is that recepticle on your inverter? (Does it have power, when not on shore power?) If so, the inverter may have problems.
Mtn Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 07:58 PM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

Yes it seems to be on inverter supply and refrigerator does not work on 12v either. I guess I will get inverter checked out
azkroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:41 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by azkroger View Post
Yes it seems to be on inverter supply and refrigerator does not work on 12v either. I guess I will get inverter checked out
When testing from ground and getting one voltage and then testing to neutral and getting a different voltage, I don't see the voltage as the thing which is changing as you are using the same point to measure BUT you are using a different wire to get that voltage measured back to ground. Reason for me to suggest testing the ground and neutral as you are still using the same wire for the hot side.
The refrig not working on 12 vdc would seem to be a different and likely separate problem. If the 12VDC battery supply is not good, that would explain trouble with the frig and likely also would cause trouble with the inverter to use DC to make AC, so some more checking of what you really have is needed.

It might be worth noting that the most common electrical trouble is the batteries are not in good condition, even though they may be new. New batteries can be damaged quickly if they are allowed to run down often or for long periods.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
view