Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

2014 F53 V10 ignition drawings?

I'm having an intermittent starting problem that would seem at first to be a weak battery, etc. but since looking those over pretty carefully, I have to move on to other things like starter relay, loose connections, etc and that means a diagram of the wiring would be super helpful.

I suspect this is a pretty generic setup that Ford has used for a number of years on the F53 but close to the 2014 year would be nice!

Anybody out there have a set or source for the auto info?

I'm having a bit of fit trying to pin it down as it seems to change, so knowing for sure what and how many parts are involved would be a place to start.

Thanks for any help!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 10:38 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

Thought to give a report on my findings. Bottom line seems to be not to trust the repair shop!!!

Since I was not getting any info and tired of looking, I took the big leap of finding a shop to do the work, only to come away with really not wanting to do that as they were not starting off well in just discussing the problem.

We started off with it being intermittent and only getting a repeated clicking from the starter solenoid, but always starting when I hit the boost switch and then gradually working into no clicking but still starting with the boost. Somewhere along the line they assured me it was definitely a starter going bad and I was buying into that until they kept talking to explain that there was likely to be other problems as bad wiring often made starters go bad!

Since starters just kind of lay there until power gets to them, I began to back off, made excuses and left since they didn't have a starter on hand anyway and I was in no big rush. I still did not know where the starter relay was hiding!

So I came home, found the dirty cable end that had been hiding and saved near $400 dollars for replacing the starter that was "definitely bad".
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
f53, v10