Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO TECH & TOW > Electrical | Charging, Solar and Electronics
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 05-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

2014 30T disconnect switches won't work

I have spent hours looking around my RV for the problem and searching this forum. Both house and chassis switches are stuck on the on position. I have looked at the wiring diagrams and it appears there two relays and two fuses. I can't locate the fuses or the relays. By the way, both of these switches quit at the same time. HELP
SplitTooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 04:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Look near where your converter is located maybe. You are probably looking for a box about 4 x 6 inches and a cable coming in and back out.
Knightab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:57 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

SplitTooth, the relays are located behind the fuse panel in the compartment on the drivers side behind the front tire. Are both lights staying on? On ours if connected to shore power the light on the coach battery does not go off with when the coach battery is disconnected, I can hear the relay but the light stays on.
Wire FM is the common ground for both disconnect relays and the isolation relay.
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 07:50 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtharris View Post
SplitTooth, the relays are located behind the fuse panel in the compartment on the drivers side behind the front tire. Are both lights staying on? On ours if connected to shore power the light on the coach battery does not go off with when the coach battery is disconnected, I can hear the relay but the light stays on.
Wire FM is the common ground for both disconnect relays and the isolation relay.
I found the relays but they don't make any sound. Both lights are on and everything works, I just can't disconnect. The wiring diagram shows a fuse for each relay but I don't know their location.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

SplitTooth, I think I remember seeing the inline fuses behind the battery disconnect switch panel. They are just hanging there.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:58 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

No inline fuses behind the switches. The wiring diagram calls these fuses "coach disconnect power fuse and chassis disconnect power fuse". The fuses are connected to the relays. I think they might be located in the same area as the relays. But getting to the relays isn't easy. I would have to remove the door/frame to get to the relays (silicon used). I hate to go through all that trouble only to find out my problem isn't in there.
Old 05-26-2015, 12:34 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

SplitTooth I have the wire-asm diagram for that wiring harness. There is 16 inches of wire from the top of the relay to the fuses. So I would said the fuses are in the area of the relays. Remove the screw on each end of the breaker panel and that should give you access to the relays. Just be careful and don't let the power buss touch any metal. The power for each of the disconnect relay comes from a different source the only thing common to both is the ground.
Also there should be a 15 pin plug in the same area that could not be seated well.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:55 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

I found the problem. Both fuse holders were laying at the bottom of the compartment that the relays were located, in water. The copper wires were corroded as well as the fuses. One wire on each holder came out. Green colored something was all over. Last year someone left a faucet on and the gray tank over filled. Water backed out of the shower and ran in the heater vent, in the ducting all the way to the front of the RV. I didn't connect the water problem with the battery disconnect until now. I'm not sure which wires are paired. Out of the 4 wires I am dealing with one is fairly good size. Two are smaller and one is smaller yet. I believe the big one and the smallest one go together but that doesn't make sense to me. If you own a home and an RV you sure don't need any hobbies. Thanks for helping me find the location of the fuses.
Old 05-26-2015, 06:12 PM   #9
Winnebago Master

SplitTooth, here are some pictures from the ASM diagram. PM me your email and iI will send the drawing you may need it.
Attached Images